“What a great experience...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Twin Bay Village

Twin Bay Village
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bolton Landing
Twin Bay Village
You added Twin Bay Village to your Saves list
Lake Shore Drive, Bolton Landing, NY 12814   |
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Bolton Landing
Wood Ridge, New Jersey
“What a great experience...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

This is our 2nd trip to Lake George and our 2nd stay at Twin Bay Village. We travel with another family also with teenagers. What a great motel....the rooms are clean,, the pool is kept immaculate. They have bbq grills free of charge that you keep for your stay. The owners are wonderful women. They bend over backwards for whatever it is you need, wheather it be finding a marina to rent you a pontoon boat to washing sheets and towels by themselves because your son is allergic to starch and fabric softeners...They have canoes and rowboats that are also free of charge for guest use. They are located in Bolton Landing which is about 1/2 mile from the small but beautiful village. So much fun!! I highly suggest if you are planning a trip to Lake George, give Twin Bay Village a call...you won't be disappointed!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

I`ll never recommend this place to anybody, even to my enemies. The owners were sooooo rude, mean and disrespectful (they even discriminated one of my friend). They don`t know how to communicate with customers. Horrible owners!!! Horrible attitude towards the customers.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

If you want a nice vacation and have fun don't even think to stay at Twin Bay Village. There are two ukranian sisters with bad attitudes toward clients. All those pictures that posted on their websites are so false. They won't let you to come in office and have complimentary coffee. They are very abusive and hostile.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Barnegat, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

I never needed to write a review in the past but after staying at the Twin Bay Village Resort in Bolton Landing NY, I needed to express myself. I arrived with my 3 grandchildren on Saturday and found the parking arrangements difficult. Then we went to our cabin by the water which I thought wow this is great, until I walked inside and there were no dressers for your clothing only a desk, and no cabinets for your food items. So anyway we arranged ourselves as best we could, changed and headed to the lake for a swim. There were boats docked in the swimming area, and one of them had the owner on it blasting music on a terrible speaker system, a couple of steps into the water and the kids got out due to the mucky bottom. I thought we would be ok as the resort 2 doors down had a really nice lake bottom for swimming. On Monday I came back to my room with my 3 grandchildren and my 4 yr old niece, who was staying at another resort in town along with my sister, also in a different resort so I could get changed and the owner went after the kids yelling that they were not registered and they had to leave or they would call the cops. The 4 year old became hysterical and was unable to by soothed for 2 hours. Then the woman went after my sister who was waiting outside for me. I was unaware of any of this until the kids came in crying. When I stepped out of my room she started yelling at me. I asked her if this treatment was necessary and why she didn’t just come and tell me guests were not allowed to even step on the property. I told her that she was not professional and that she should have just come to us and explained, we would have been more than happy to abide by the rules, but to attack children in that manner was unforgivable. I requested a refund and that I would leave and she refused. She told me to pick 3 of the four kids and that everyone else had to leave. Truly embarrassed as all the other guests were milling about and had to witness this spectacle, I would pack up my kids every morning after a sleepless night as now the kids were uncomfortable there and we would go stay by my other family members in their resorts all day. We would come home late at night to shower and sleep. The other resort owners are familiar with the owners of Twin Bay and were not surprised at all. On the day we left a couple of the other guests stopped me and said they have seen this a couple of times before and only stay there because it’s what they are use to. I told them they should seriously look around. Twin Bay Village has a nice picture on its pamphlet but that’s all. Do yourself a favor, if traveling with kids, don’t traumatize them - stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Long Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

Have been going to the Lake George area for the last ten years. Have always stayed at Twinbay. the staff there has been like a family to us. The accomodations are always great with the pool and the lake. Just the right location between the town of Lake George and the beautiful Adironacks. There is something for everyone. Took our own kids when they were younger and will now take the grandkids up for the same fun, relaxing experience!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
South Salem, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

Our family has stayed at Twin Bay for many years. Their friendly, courteous and accommodating staff is what keeps us coming back. I find it hard to believe, in the previous reviews, that the staff would be insulting or rude. Our experiences have only been fun and pleasurable. One of the many reasons we stay at Twin Bay is that it has the best of both worlds--you can swim and boat in beautiful Lake George or relax in the pool. Based on our recommendation, other family members and friends have enjoyed their vacations there as well. Twin Bay exemplifies what Lake George used to be--a great family vacation in the beautiful Adirondacks.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

when traveling with the extended family it's very difficult to please everyone. This years family vacation fell on me to plan, over the winter months I called a few places and the person who picked up the phone at Twin Bay Village was very helpful and took the time to explain the different rooms and what would work for the group. Through out the year i would call with questions and she always took the time to help. When we got to Twin Bay Village it was just as was explained, the rooms were very clean, the ladies at the desk always helpfull, walked to town, and everyone enjoyed themselves. Everyone decided to go back for the next family vacation. Not telling but had a few weekends on my own!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Twin Bay Village? Share your experiences!