“Everything was good but the egg...” 4 of 5 stars

Shore drive, Bolton Landing, NY
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Quebec City, Canada
“Everything was good but the egg...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stopped today for breakfast. I loved the terrace, the disposition of tables. I loved also the fact that they let the pot of coffee on the table so we can have coffee when we want. My pancakes were very good. The only problem : the egg. I don't know in what king of oil they cooked it (over easy) but the egg tasted oil.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Bad start to our day!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We arrived at 10:20 and left without eating at 11:10!!!

It was shocking how bad the service was. We sat at the counter and after 50 minutes left without eating! Never served and no apology- ruined our day.

I have eaten at this restaurant on numerous occasions in the past. Food was always satisfactory.

This past Sunday there was a large staff, but they seemed overwhelmed and were complaining about the cook staff who seemed to be messing up many orders.
The couple next to us at the counter were just as frustrated and when their incorrect order finally arrived, begrudgingly they accepted it- they did leave most of it over as uneatable.
We politely asked several times for our order and eventually realized it was never coming. When we told the "lady in pink" who appeared to be in charge her only response was that they were busy and that she would not charge us for the coffee!..... Did I fail to mention that we watched this "lady in pink" stop in the middle of all the chaos to braid the hair of one of the young waitresses- Yes braid the hair of someone with food all around.

I'll be back in town in a few weeks.... think I might stop in and say hello!

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Still busy and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

So my wife and I come here at least twice a month and sometimes more and I have to say the staff is always smiling, food comes out fast, and the food is huge portions!! Knew it would be busy this weekend and we waited maybe 20 minutes but it was worth it!! Keep up the good work.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Fantastic Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We ate breakfast here while visiting the Lake George area. Just a short walk from the Sagamore. The staff were friendly while keeping up with the busy crowd. The portions were huge! I had the stuffed French toast...unbelievably good. We will be coming back

Visited June 2014
“Friendly, great customer service and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

May 17, we came for lunch because we usually have breakfast and heard that it was under NEW MANAGEMENT!!! We were greeted at the door with a friendly smile and a good afternoon, so pleasant. We were seated at a big table because there was 8 of us. The young lady came to our table and said good afternoon and introduced herself as Sarah. She was very polite took our order and we had a difficult one because we wanted special orders, but she did them and the food was excellent. The whole staff was friendly and smiling. We will be going back soon. Just wanted everyone to know that this place has had improvements and a joy to eat

• Visited May 2014