“Birthday Cruise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Captain Bob's Pontoon Boat Rentals

Captain Bob's Pontoon Boat Rentals
5102 Route Lake Shore Drive, Contessa Lake George Motel & Resort, Bolton Landing, NY 12814
518-644-5921
Website
Improve this listing
Athol, New York
“Birthday Cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We rented a 10 person pontoon boat from Captain Bob for my cousin's birthday and couldn't have been more pleased! We were greeted by Bob himself and checked in by his very capable daughter. Another daughter gave us a complete overview of the boat and answered all our questions. The pontoon boat was new, clean and easy to handle, and in the 4 hours we were out only used 4 gallons of gas. After topping off the tank, we were met at the dock by Bob again and guided back in. The weather was beautiful, the lake warm and calm and we had a great day exploring the Narrows. I would recommend Captain Bob's rental any day. PS-We didn't stay at his cabins, but I did get to peek inside one and thought it looked very nicely done.

Visited November 2013

Pascoag, Rhode Island
4 attraction reviews
“We had a great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My boyfriend, 2 children, and I rented a platoon boat and had an awesome time all day. We rented the brand new boat for the 8 hrs. But because we got there a little late Captain Bob let us stay out with the boat for an extra hour and a half after closing. He was waiting on shore in his car just for us to arrive back. Everyone was very friendly, and helpful. Captain Bob and his daughters explained everything we needed to know about the boat and lake. We drove down the hill and parked our vehicle right on the waters edge, so loading the boat up was nice and easy. The prices were very reasonable and cheaper than most of the boat rental sites on the lake. They were also the only rental facility that took Discover Card. I definitely plan on going back there on my next vacation to Lake George!!!

Visited July 2014
“Great Experience with Captain Bob!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We decided last minute to rent a boat while visiting Lake George on the weekend of July 4th and what a great experience it was!! What could of been a hassle turned out to be a fun and memorable time for us all. Captain Bob accommodated our group of 10 with his friendly and polite staff who had us out sailing in less than an hour. The boat was exceptionally clean and had plenty of space to store our coolers, food and personal belongings.

If you're visiting Lake George and looking for a fun time, I highly recommend visiting Captain Bob!

New York
“Party pontoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Our group of 10 decided, at the last minute, to rent a pontoon for a full day over the Fourth of July weekend. I called Bob and he said he had one available. Registration and payment was problem free. It was my first time renting a boat. It is a family run business it seems. Bob and his daughters answered all of our questions. They went over the rules and gave me the information I needed to have a safe time on the water. The pontoon we were rented was in very good condition, almost brand new. We arrived at the office at 12:30. We were casting off by 1:20. We filled the gas tank and walked back onto the dock by 7:30. It was a great and fun experience. We would go back again. The office to register is right by the motel off of route 9. Once you register, drive down the hill to drop off your coolers. There are parking spots down there so you can leave your car there. It was nearly full when I was there, so I parked my car on the grass, as did several others. Have fun!!

nyc
7 attraction reviews
“Not worth the attitude”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Rented a pontoon from capt bob.. Upon arrival we were greeted with major attitude. Thank goodness for his daughter who was pleasant and handles the paperwork. You have to go to a local motel like place park up top and walk down a steep grade hill.. No information is given that you should drop off cooler and all and then return to park up top. Took forever to put boat in the water bring it over and then go over rules and regs.. 30 mins.. Capt bob is not very nice and lacks in customer service. He couldn't care less about those who pay ( not a cheap amount) for the boat. There are plenty of other places to rent a boat.

Visited July 2013