“Hotel for Pets, But Humans are Allowed Too!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Colonial Court Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bolton Landing
Colonial Court Motel
4623 Lake Shore Drive, Bolton Landing, NY 12814   |
Offers & Announcements
One night free
Bayonne, New Jersey
“Hotel for Pets, But Humans are Allowed Too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The Colonial Court Motel takes "pet friendly" to an entirely new dimension. The charming owners, Rick and April, make you feel welcome, and like visiting family, from the moment that you arrive, and your pet is "family" too! As other reviewers have mentioned, the property is securely fenced so that your pets may have free run of the property in a safe environment. I could see how happy my chihuahua, Napoleon, was to be at the Colonial Court practically from our arrival.

The accommodations aren't exactly luxury, but are comfortable enough. Every possible toiletry item you could imagine, including toothpaste, mouthwash, razors, etc. are included in the basket in the bathrooms. And the bath towels surpass in size and plushness what you would have in most 5-star luxury hotels. The pool is among the cleanest I've seen anywhere, which is all the more remarkable as pets are allowed in it.

I had a problem with ants in my cabin during my stay. As it turned out, no other cabin or motel room was affected, so it must have been a "chance" event, and I don't believe that anyone knew about the ants in advance of my stay. The cabin was sprayed a few times, but for a permanent solution, I think baits would need to be used at a time when the cabin is unoccupied. Anyway, I have every intention to staying at the Colonial Court again, as I've promised Napoleon that we would go there again next year.

The "dog" beach in Lake George Village is worth visiting. I should also mention the two fine restaurants within walking distance of the Colonial Court Motel: Pumpernickel, a German restaurant with spectacular desserts, and Villa Napoli, a truly authentic Italian restaurant located on the premises of a hotel across the street from the Colonial Court.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I've been to a few "pet-friendly" places over the years, and this is by far the best. My retired racing Greyhound, Chance, is family to me and that is exactly how the owners treat not only their pets, but yours as well. The entire place is fenced in well (as is the gorgeous pool from everything so no pets wander in), so the pups can do their business without you at their heels. The rooms are spacious and very affordable. Plus, there's no extra charge for your dog; never seen that before! This place stood out so much to me for so many reasons, but the kicker was when I found a dog bowl in the cabinet and emergency info for your pet in the wall. They truly thought of everything. I highly recommend this place, and I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed here over 4th of July weekend and had a great time. This was the second visit for me and both were positive experiences. The owners are very nice, gave us recommendations on where to eat (yelp only goes so far), beaches to check out and they're pet friendly! There are other dogs around, everyone is respectful and it's nice to be relaxed about having our dog with us. The rooms are what you would expect for a motel in the area, clean with no frills. The important things - Wi-Fi & cable TV - are included. They have a small kitchenette which we liked for the dog food, leftovers from restaurants, etc. The pool is great and the beach is 5 minutes away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Babylon, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Colonial Court has spoiled us (and our dog!) for all other motels. Very clean, all amenities, nice pool, convenient to everything we wanted to see and do in Lake George. The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful. We had a delightful stay and plan on returning!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a wonderful time at the Colonial Court Cottage #6 ! A very pet friendly and family friendly establishment. The balcony at the cottage was a plus and the cottage was spacious and set up very well with a coffee pot, toaster and a full size refrigerator. We will definitely be visiting April and the Colonial Court again. Everyone so friendy and the owner April makes you feel right at home. We were pleasantly surprised to find such a caring owner and the staff always smiling.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had an awesome time at the Colonial Court, and our pup Louie LOVED it! It's totally safe for him to run around off leash cause the place is fully gated. He doesn't get much of that living in the city. April and Rick were so kind and helpful- it was great getting to know them- and getting to know some of the other guests too. EVERYONE was SO FRIENDLY! We'd definitely stay there again and highly recommend it.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Such a great setup. The gate to the parking lot and cottage doors is kept closed and our dogs hung out with the other dogs in the yard. We swam with them in the pool, lounged on the deck together, and had a wonderful stay. The owners are very nice people and their dogs are great . My only wish was that the pillows and mattress were more comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Colonial Court Motel? Share your experiences!