“Lots of choices but nothing special” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 31 Restaurants in Blasdell
Cuisines: Asian
shelbyville
“Lots of choices but nothing special”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Lots of selections to chose from. Had mussels, fried chicken, pizza, general tso, spicy beef dishes, sweet potatos, fried potatos,crab legs, shrimp, mac and cheese,....just a mix of stuff to please little kids on up. But, nothing was really that great. One bit would about do for everything, just did not want any more then that. Crab legs was empty for 15 minutes,very small ones too when they were brought out. I will be honest I hated it and won't go back again.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I have been going to this restaurant since it opened. I'd love to write something like, "I always liked the food, service, cleanliness, etc., BUT..." except there is no but. There are three islands of delicious food. Fruits and desserts are right in front of you as you enter. The next aisle features Chinese and buffet favorites, i.e. chicken and broccoli, sweet & sour chicken, egg rolls, chicken teriyaki, fries, and for the past year, fresh crab legs...all you can eat. The next aisle mixes some more great Chinese food with things like pork, pizza, veggies and other delights for the people who aren't the biggest fans of the cuisine. Beyond that, there is a sushi bar that is second to none, which sits right next to their Hibachi grill...just add what you want on your plate, they cook it right in front of you, pick your flavor, and commence to eating your feast. I can honestly say that I've never gone there and had a bad experience. The only times I can recall where my experience wasn't 5/5 stars is when rude, ignorant, condescending people go there to find reasons to complain about everything...you know the type...the ones who act like they're better than everyone else...the ones who talk extremely loud and very slow to the hard working staff...as if they don't understand English. That took nothing away from the quality of the food or the diligence of the staff...it just made me embarrassed to breathe the same air as these insensitive jerks. If you're in the McKinley Mall area and looking for a GREAT place to dine, the kind of place that you have to loosen your belt a notch or two before leaving, then I highly recommend you try this wonderful place. It's the best Chinese restaurant around and I can proudly boast that I eat there at least once a week.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Just plain bad food!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Nothing was hot, service was lacking, food was just NOT GOOD. None of it. Usually at least the won ton soup, or fried dumplings, or egg rolls are good- but not here. All 4 plates of food I tried (literally most vegetable, chicken, and some sea food dishes) was poor. My husband agreed- we will never go back, and have sworn off chinese buffet restaurants entirely.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Not Bad for a Buffet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

This was not the worst Chinese Buffet I've had. The had a pretty good selection of food and it was hot and fresh and was so busy that it kept coming out that way. Our server was attentive and friendly and if I was ever hungary and in that neck of the woods again I'd go there. But you need to add cold sesame noodles I love those things. Something I will note, is that we gave a tip and were given a calander like we did something special (it was nice) but it made me think. Are people that big of scum bags in the world that they don't tip in Chinese Buffets? Have some class!

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York
“just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I have atre here several times both for lunch and dinner. The service is ok,they try to seat you right away and get your drink order. This is just buffet food,I tried a number of the dishes it is just fair nothing stands out. They do have a nice salad bar and fruit bar. You will find pizza,marconi and cheese,fried potatoes and other American foods.

I think the price is good for lunch but over priced for dinner

• Visited November 2011