“Very pleasant stay!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   79 Collier St, Binghamton, NY 13901   |
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Binghamton
“Very pleasant stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2005

This hotel was very nice! It was neat to know the history behind the building. Our room, although not too big was absolutely perfect for us. It had a microwave and a fridge at no extra cost. Out of all of the hotels that we stayed at on our trip, I would have to say that this one was my favorite of them all. There was a very pleasant and helpful staff there as well. Very highly recommended for a cheap cozy hotel!

• Stayed October 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
henderson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2005

If you like historic buildings and super friendly staff you'll love this hotel. We had a lot of fun and all the staff was terrific. Rooms have super high ceilings and were very clean!!!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2005

The Grand Royale had been my preferred place to stay since 1997 when it was still the Hotel DeVille. I had expected it to only get better when Clarion bought it, but it's getting more shabby and run-down by the visit. We had a reservation for a queen room for four nights, but at check-in were told a queen was not available and offered two double beds instead and told we could change rooms the next day. The door wouldn't open all the way because it was hitting one of the beds so it was difficult to get our luggage in. There were burned out light bulbs and for some odd reason the internet connection was on the nightstand between the beds, instead of at the desk. We slept badly as the bed was extremely uncomfortable and the next day I went to see about changing rooms. This time the General Manager was at the front desk and she told me there still wasn't a queen room available and she just kept saying that she didn't know what to tell me about why I wasn't given what I reserved. I asked who else would know what to tell me if not the Gen. Mgr.! What a piece of work. Since I wasn't going to stay in that room, I wasn't leaving the front desk and soon there was a line of people behind me. Suddenly, she says there's a queen jacuzzi room waiting to be cleaned so I said I'd take it. Then the phone rang and it was a cancellation so I was offered the queen room I had reserved from the start! The room didn't have an internet connection so she then sent me to another which did and although it was very small it did have a queen bed, albeit with paper thin sheets. Since my husband was out, all the packing, making three trips to change rooms and unpacking again was a real strain on me. Altogether, it was a very unpleasant experience and we won't stay there again. It's too bad that they've let the place become such a faded beauty because we really used to like it.

Buffalo, Ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2005

My wife and "Dog" really loved our stay here. The room was clean ( and it made my wife and I feel like we were in Europe ( with the high ceilings and BBC on the TV. Its $10 a nt eztra for a pet. They all loved my dog.

I would suggest this hotel to anyone. The price was good ( $87 Incl. dog )

Stayed June 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2005

A very nice Hotel with a very friendly staff. I would stay there agajn. In fact I already have my reservatons for my next trip to that area.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2003

We stayed over a week and received a good weekly rate, otherwise the rates are too high for what is offered. There was no coffee shop or restaurant in the hotel--only a daily bakery box with a complimentary breakfast. No gift shop. Bathroom was very small with very little counterspace. Hotel is located in the center of Binghamton nightlife so be prepared for crowds and noise at night. Parking is free but is in a structure next door. Good access to Binghamton University from State St.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2003

This hotel... my review Checking in we were looked at wrong for been young... and treated with... bad service, and if u like scary, hunted looking hotels than this is ur place.. Dark hallways, chamberroom,the postive thing is free online service but u can get that at anyother hotel with out the attitude.

Been to Grand Royale Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Grand Royale Hotel

Address: 79 Collier St, Binghamton, NY 13901
Location: United States > New York > Binghamton
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Binghamton
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Grand Royale Hotel 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Grand Royale Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Clarion Collection Binghamton
Clarion Grand Royale Hotel
Clarion Binghamton
Binghamton Clarion

If you own or manage Grand Royale Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.