“Family Vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Binghamton
“Family Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed here, and drove to Copperstown. no rooms in cooperstown we gues due to 4th of July and baseball tournamnets there.

Anyway,, rooms and lobby looked to be remodeled, very nice. Rooms were clean and quiet, except hall doors were loud when latching. You could here doors closing and latching all down the hall.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Markfnc, thank you for staying her in Binghamton while you were visiting Cooperstown. Sorry they were sold out of rooms, but I hear they are pretty well always sold out over the summer. Sorry about the noisy doors as I will need to look into that. Thank you for saying you found us to be clean and quiet. Please stop in again if your travels bring you back to Cooperstown over the summer!! Bob Greene, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Brooklyn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed here on a pit stop on our way westward to Niagara Falls and Canada. There were three of us traveling and they checked us into a very tight room with a king bed. We couldn't fit three people into that bed comfortably. They nicely upgraded us when we reported this to the front desk. The second room was much more suitable for us with a king and a pull out sofa which worked for us. One person wanted to stay up clicking on the computer so they could do that in the other room with out disturbing the rest of us so we could sleep. I didn't want to sleep, they have HBO so I wanted to watch something decadent but I passed out.

The room had a great view of the river and the town. You can see the same view if you go downstairs. There is an outdoor area where you can sit along the river and a pathway to walk along the river. We had food we brought so ate our yogurt and croissants outside along the river on their porch and read the free paper they give out. Life was good.

There hotel had upscale services with a hair salon that looked modern, a nail salon and a few other extra offices. We didn't have time to do much more then wake up, catch an early swim, have a bit of breakfast on the porch, shower and jet out of there. We had a littler pet with us who was well behaved and enjoyed her stay as well. It was $30 extra for the little one.

They have free coffee in four urns but not hot water. I'm a big tea drinker and had to ask every time I wanted hot water. It would have been so nice to have a urn of hot water for tea and hot chocolate for the kid.

The pool which opens nice and early at 7am is a bit antiqued with four feet something all the way around, no steps but a single ladder. They only had one towel availavle but a lady brought some later. The water was a nice temperature and not overly chlorinated. There was no changing room and the bathrooms next to the pool were closed for repairs so we had to run next door. Fitness center looked good but no time.

The sheets, pillows and bath linens were a high thread count, the room was well appointed and clean. I was super happy I could open the window enough to get some out door air in the room, we all slept well.

I intend to come back here and explore this area more. It seem like a great stepping off place located so close to the town.

The staff was super friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: River side!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
BrooklynMAMA, wow, what can I say but a sincere thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. My favorite comment from you was "The staff was super friendly and helpful"!!!! As you had mentioned you may be coming back to the area, I plead, stop in and say hello!! Bob Greene, General Manager
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

No need to run into town if the weather is nasty. Great service and great food! Not to be disappointed. Erica, our server, was most accomodating and helpful in making selections. Corey, the cook, could easily be in the kitchen of a 4 star restaurant.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
81Mitch, a very sincere thank you for your comments regarding our restaurant at the Holiday Inn Binghamton-Downtown. The two workers you mentioned are terrific service professionals who will be thrilled to read your comments. Thank you again!! Bob Greene, General Manager
Bucks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

This is a nice hotel located downtown on the river. The river front is not especially picturesque, but it is nice all the same. Hotel is in good condition with a restaurant / bar on-site serving reasonable food at OK prices. Breakfast is good, wide choice available. Room was very large, good condition, everything worked, plenty of parking, internet OK. A few places to eat in walking distance - Galaxy Brewing is worth a visit. Only real issue was on Saturday large groups being noisy - the hotel need to address this by keeping them away from all other guests - we pay to sleep not to be kept awake. Will stay again. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
woggsy, I just finished reading your comments and wanted to apologize for the noise. If you return to the hotel I will offer you a nice discount. Please call me directly at the hotel. I also enjoyed your comments about the hotel and the area. Galaxy Brewing is one of my favorites too! Thank you, Bob Greene, General Manager
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

The room was clean modern bathroom new -flat screen tv .... The reviews here led me to be skeptical with my Priceline deal for $70 but it all turned out wonderful and I would recommend this holiday inn

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
We always appreciate our guests, who after experiencing our hotel, writing about their honest feelings about their stay. thank you for the 4-star rating and we were pleased to see you would recommend to others. If you return to the area, reach out and say hello! Bob Greene, General Manager
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I have to say, my experience in Binghamton thus far has been amazing,joining some buddies of mine to golf and staying at the Holiday Inn has been an amazing trip to say the least.The staff have been incredible and very attentive to our requests especially at breakfast this morning. After having a long day and night of drinking, it was very nice going to have breakfast early in the morning to be waited on by a very happy, outgoing server Kaley.I will be back for sure, and will suggest to people back home as well. Thank you for an amazing experience.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for the five star blog on Trip Advisor. We cater to golf groups and are thrilled you enjoy your stay in Binghamton with us. Kaley is a wonderful server who goes out of her way with excellence in customer service. Thank you again!! Bob Greene, General Manager.
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I've been staying at holiday inn for years now on business and I have to say each time I stay,it always seems better then the last. Front desk was very friendly and made sure all my requests were met.I always feel at home whenever I stay. Having breakfast the day I left was very refreshing.I had an amazing server, Kaley.She was very sweet,prompt service,and made sure my visit was nothing but exceptional. You can tell she's had years of experience with the public and loves what she does. Always look forward coming back to the Holiday Inn:)

• Stayed June 2014
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
stevenis54, thank you so much for your 5-star rating of our hotel on Trip Advisor. Kaley was absolutely thrilled when I showed her your comments. She is an outstanding service member of our team here in Binghamton. If your travels bring you back again, please stop in and say hello!!

Bob Greene, General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown? Share your experiences!