“Convenient stay for hockey games” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Binghamton
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
“Convenient stay for hockey games”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here several times while attending hockey games. The arena is right across the street and the amenities at the Holiday Inn make it a perfect overnight get away for us. We usaully hit the pool which is awesome and have dinner and breakfast at the hotel. Several times the executive chef has come around and checked that everything was good. We have always had a great meal with great service here. We have gotten rooms with views of the river and of the city and have enjoyed both. The rooms on the city side are smaller. When we had a room with the extra room attached is was very large and roomy. We have also walked around the city and it does have a tired look, but it also has alot of history.

Room Tip: If you need room ask for the King executive rooms There is also a room with a jaccuzi tub ask if it...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Mark Z, thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. We have many guests who enjoy the hockey games due to our proximity to the Arena. Thank you for mentioning our Executive Chef as he speaks with as many guests as he can. Please ask for a King Executive room type as you will be pleased!! Thanks again, Bob Greene, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Salida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

During my travels to Binghamton I usually stay at the Holiday Inn. I enjoy its central location. Things in downtown are really looking up with new restaurants and brewpubs bringing new energy to a old scene. The staff at the HI are very friendly and professional. I will return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
We love hearing from bloggers who have created so many reviews over the years. We agree with your comments that there are more nice places to go in downtown Binghamton. A special thank you to mentioning are staff are friendly!! Bob Greene, General Manager
Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Booked the Hotel through Entertainment Rewards 10:30 pm. on August 30th for night of August 31st, got to the hotel to check in about 4 pm., and were told we had 'no showed' - system actually booked us in for the night before instead. Hotel accommodated us and comped the room for us for the night before we had prepaid for already. Was a trip for my wife's birthday.

We traveled with a 12 year with special needs, who totally enjoyed the pool (twice) and the stay, while also taking in the Mets game in town.

Thank you to Sarah and the onsite Manager for accommodating us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
I was very excited to read your review for the end of August. In my job, I love when my staff reacts to circumstances like yours with the no-show converted to a nice stay. Sarah will be so pleased to learn you had given her a shout-out for her service. Thank you again and we would love to have you back as our guests again! Bob Greene, General Manager
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed here for one night. A Friday, yes, but when I requested 2 queen beds our receptionist advised no queens left only doubles. Three of us traveling together my son and husband both very tall. I was expecting an alternative suggestion such as sofa bed but a cot was offered.
Now for the room! It must be a last resort room because it was in need attention. First the bathroom fittings were falling out of the wall, the bathroom was quite shabby in all, the floor was dirty and little things like that are noticed. The cot my son slept in was as old as you can get and very creaky. We had to make space for it because it was just dumped in the room while we were out for a walk. There were not enough towels for all of us so we chased a housemaid and asked her for extras. I really fell like we were an inconvenience rather than paying guests. We went out for dinner but when I arrived back to the hotel inquired as to where I might get a cup of coffee and was b told that there was a Dunkin Doughnuts within driving distance. My husband said surely there was coffee in the restaurant and that was met with yes there probably was and that I could try there. Come on, that should be something that is offered all the time and known about by reception. Breakfast was good and reasonable and I thank them for that.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
DebL53, I just finished reading your comments for the second time and please let me apologize for your experience. The condition of the bathroom and cot were inexcusable. Thank you for mentioning that the breakfast was good and reasonable. I note you are from Sydney Au, my daughter spent a year there and loved it. Thank you again for your comments. Bob Greene, General Manager
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Good upstate NY hotel in Binghamton. Good location on the river near restaurants in the city. The rooms are small, typical of a retro fitted property. The hotel has been renovated. Front desk personnel are always helpful and professional. The dinning room staff not quite so. Have had several poor experiences with breakfast and dinner service. Would gladly stay at the property but would eat out in the city. Nearby is a great place to eat, called 510 Restaurant. Very good.

Room Tip: Upper floors are nicer, especially with a river view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
We appreciate your pleasant comments regarding our hotel and our front desk staff. I am concerned, and I apologize for your troubles in the restaurant. If you return to our hotel, it would be my pleasure to invite you to dinner as my guest. Bob Greene, General Manager
Atco, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Me and my girlfriend found ourselves stranded when driving to Canada. We decided between Holiday Inn, Hilton and Days. Hilton is very expensive compared to the other two, so it was out. Days Inn has awful ratings and looks crummy, pass. Holiday Inn was left and they offered us a room for $108 a night, with AAA.

The room is spacious and nice, typical amenities of a hotel room and toiletries. That's nice, but unfortunately there's nothing to do in Binghamton outside of a few bars, all of which seem to close early. It seems other people agree because the hotel was empty. I only saw a handful of guests, I would guess more than 1/4 of the rooms were empty. It's pretty outrageous to charge a stranded guest a rate that is rather expensive, especially given the lack of tourist stuff to do in this city. The room was nice, but the area stinks and the prices were expensive. I stayed in a nicer room at a Red Roof Inn in Columbus, Ohio for $40 cheaper, which is a much more interesting city.

I'm going to check the Grand Royale if I have to stay here another night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Mark, I appreciate you taking the time to very candidly write about your Binghamton experience and our hotel. You did get to experience some of Binghamton's nightlife and I hope you had fun. There are more nice places to see here in Binghamton and if you return it would be my pleasure to point them out. Thank you again! Bob Greene, General Manager
Bohemia, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Mike at the Hawley Street Holiday Inn was professional, courteous and knowledgeable in assisting me with booking a room for Alumni Weekend this month! He made the experience fully enjoyable and were it not for his efforts I may have made the mistake of booking elsewhere! Great job, Mike!

Room Tip: Go Bearcats!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
We are extremely pleased you booked your room with us for Alumni Weekend. We have many returning Binghamton University alumni who stay with us. Mike had a huge smile on his face when I read your comments to him and a big thank you for that!! Bob Greene, General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown? Share your experiences!