“Excellent experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Binghamton
vestal, ny
“Excellent experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had a small wedding reception (50 people) at this facility. The level of attention & detail afforded us by all staff involved was what you might expect if you were hosting 400 people. Great attention was paid to every detail and they made us feel that our little gathering was the most important event on their calendar. My wife and I, as well as several of our out-of-town guests, stayed overnight after the reception. The rooms were excellent, the on-premises restaurant was very good and the bar had a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. It's within minutes to all of the attractions in the area. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay here for the wedding a few weeks back. The staff takes great pride with our wedding parties and they will be thrilled when they read your comments. If your travels bring you back to Binghamton, please stop in and say hello! Bob Greene, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night as we returned to the Southern Tier to re-live our dating days in grad school. We chose the Holiday Inn Arena - Downtown, literally across the street from the Broome County Veterans Arena. The hotel offered easy access from 17 or 434 (Vestal Parkway). Our room was on the 4th floor. The room was spotless with a pretty view of the Chenango River right outside. We also had free unlimited access to WiFi in the room. The hotel staff was more than accommodating and helpful. The Holiday Inn is centrally located to everything we did including restaurants, shopping and other fun activities across the river in Vestal.

I would highly recommend that when in New York's Southern Tier, make sure you choose the Holiday Inn Arena - Downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river. The view is very pretty.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your stay at our hotel. The management and staff review all comments daily and take all comments to heart. Please stop in and say hello the next time you are in the Southern Tier Region. Bob Greene, General Manager.
monroe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

After reading a lot of these reviews I still decided to book my family here. BIG mistake. The lobby looks nice except for dirty cups left all the place. The girl who checked my wife and two daughters in was extremely rude and the elevators to the room have mats in them that are stained. My wife found hairs in beds (my daughters needed to take a nap once they got there) and they had to wait 45 minutes for new sheets. The woman didn't even apologize! Once the girls got up, they went to the restaurant to eat dinner and weren't very impressed. It's pretty run down. The girls actually told me it was dirty and that the chairs all had stains on them. You can imagine the ear full I got when I finally arrived later that night! When we woke up in the morning and tried to make coffee, we found it wasn't plugged in and couldn't reach the outlet so we had to move it to the bathroom. We checked out four days early and when I told the reception person about our experience she thanked me and said they already knew what their problems were.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, listen to the reviews!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I apologize for your experiences during your abbreviated stay. Feel free to call me direct at 607-722-1212 for a room adjustment. Thank you. Bob Greene, General Manager.
Brookfield, CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel was very deceiving, the lobby was nice and modern, then you go in one of the elevators that sound as if they are going to break any minute, get out of the elevator and it's like being transported back twenty years. The halls and rooms are old, run down and dirty. The staff is very nice and helpful, they switched my room right away because of the noise of the ice machine constantly going.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
I am sorry you found our hotel hallways and rooms to be rundown and dirty as that is far from the image we strive for. Feel free to contact me for a room adjustment at 607-722-1212. Thank you for mentioning our lobby was nice and the staff was nice and helpful. Bob Greene, General Manager.
florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The young man at the reception desk was very pleasant and the lobby was decent. The hotel was catering to what appeared to be teen girls and their parents attending a softball tournament so it was quite noisy in the hallways with giggling girls and one of the elevators that we got on had all the buttons pressed for every floor. There was lots of activity in all the common areas particularly the lobby. Our room was okay. Nothing special and somewhat outdated. My daughter who is very picky about bedding found the beds very hard and was still complaining when we reached our next destination. We had our Westie with us. The hotel does take dogs for a fee. So, that was a plus for us since this was probably one of the better hotel options available in the area. There was a festival going on which did make the destination more fun. One of the streets had been closed off and there was a band and lots of tents with things to buy. There is a great little coffee shop and a reasonably good Sushi restaurant within walking distance. There were also some good areas for walking over by the university which was great with the dog. I would say that with some updating that this hotel could be vastly improved although the rooms are relatively small so there is not much that could be done to make it more luxurious. I would say the best thing about the hotel is its downtown location because there are some things to do. There is also a CVS pharmacy close by if you need something. The worst thing about the hotel is that it appears to have a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. As it turned out, the cord for the microwave did not reach the outlet so we moved the cabinet over and unplugged the fridge and plugged it in. After all that, the microwave didn't work so our leftovers were cold and unappetizing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Your comments are very much appreciated as I just spoke with our Executive Housekeeper regarding the refrigerator, microwave and coffee machine cords not reaching the outlet. She is going to do a walk -through of the rooms to determine if there are similar issues like you experienced. We appreciate your business, and if your travels bring you back to Binghamton please see me regarding an upgrade to one of our suites at no additional charge. Thank you again, Bob Greene, General Manager
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip for 3 nights. Room was gross, shower curtain barely covered the edge of the tub so water was always on the floor, confirmed by the orange slime in all around the rub. Bathroom ceiling tiles were missing or broke, something slimy was spilled all down the nightstand, the window was covered in so many greasy smears that the lights outside at night were all swirled. You think they'd look at the window when they are cleaning the room. There were also all these gnats on the ceiling..maybe from a previous guest that left the window open? it was gross and I couldnt wait to leave. The restaurant is also horrible. One night the food was so burned we all got free food coupons for the next day. Who serves burnt food? One day while using the free food coupons, breakfast took 45 minutes to come to the table. All the servers said it was because the cook was mad. really? fire your cook. The restaurant is also extremely cold with the ceiling fans running on high. We all had to bring jackets just to eat there and noticed several other people moving tables to get away from the fans. This place just plain sucks...there is no other way to sum it up. If I have to visit Binghampton again, our group will stay someone else, even if it is out of our way.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Mary S, I just read your comments regarding your stay and please accept my apologies. If you would like to call me directly, please do at 607-722-1212. My name is Bob Greene and I am in charge of the day to day operations of the hotel and would be willing to offer a very fair discount for your negative experiences. I would really like to know what room you were in and I will personally figure out the restaurant trouble. Once again, my apologies. Bob Greene, General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The staff is awesome, the location is great, (walking distance to many eateries/bars/etc), the rooms themselves; hit or miss. Some rooms have been renovated and very nice, others are older and could use a refresh.

• Stayed June 2013
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
MikeManny70, just a quick note to say thanks for taking the time to write about our hotel. As you noted, some of the rooms need a re-fresh and that's what we are currently working on, new wall paper and new windows for the rooms to be exact. The staff loves reading the "awesome" comments! Thanks again!! Bob Greene GM

Been to Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown? Share your experiences!