“watered down indian buffet” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 185 Restaurants in Binghamton
Cuisines: Indian
Binghamton, New York
“watered down indian buffet”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

The buffet was tiny and the flavors were rather lacking. The water the woman poured me was also dirty.

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

new york
“lunch buffet is very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I work downtown and go this place often. I think the food is wonderful especially the garlic nan. (You have to request garlic nan at dinner.) The vindaloo is great and so is the vegetable samosa's. The lunch buffet has varied selections,it changes depending on the season. For $6.95 buffet it is worth the price. The atmosphere is not that great but it's great homey Indian food. The dinner menu is kind of pricey but I haven't gotten better Indian food anywhere in the triple cities so it satisfies my craving.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious food, hole in the wall atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Service was warm and friendly. Food was delicious. Definitely try the mango juice if you order vindaloo or very hot dish, it really helps soothe the tounge.
Atmosphere very casual, a little run down, maybe. Bathroom was flooded recently but staff bathroom was available in basement if needed (I didn't need this so can't comment).
Take out available and this is what I will probably do in the future.
Prices reasonable for the quality and amount of food.
Tried another area Indian place with much higher prices but the food was definitely not as good as Currys of India.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“I wouldn't go back.....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

Well the food was OK but the prices were quite high and the place was dirty. The table cloths have not been washed in weeks (and I'm being kind). The paint on the walls was chipped. The china was all chipped and the cutlery was suspect. When I got to the bottom of my tea cup, I wondered if it had been washed before I was served. We had very greasy pakoras and papadums, followed by tasty main dishes but by then I was pretty turned off. All this for $50! I should have left when I saw the filthy menu covers (those 20 cent doutang covers you get from staples). The server was very nice but when I over heard her talking about staying open in this economy I asked myself "how?".

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Haymarket, Virginia
“Wonderful Indian Food at Small Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

We are regulars here. You can bring your own wine/beer. Owned by a lovely Indian couple, the woman runs the service and the man runs the kitchen. Excellent Indian food - no frills, just good homemade food. Appeals to all the spice ranges - my husband gets the very spicy and I stick with the mild. Their tandoori dishes are out of this world. Everything down to the yogurt in the Raita is home made. The atmosphere is not very nice - definitely what you would call a hole in the wall kind of place. But sometimes that's where you find the best food. Give it a try and you won't be disappointed. I've never had it but I'm told the lunch buffet is not very good - the spices tamed down - so order off the menu.

• 5 of 5 stars Food