“Love Thai Time, but watch out for the spices!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Binghamton, New York
“Love Thai Time, but watch out for the spices!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We've been to the delightful Thai Time several times, and each time, while the drunken noodles I've gotten has been a great, wonderfully prepared entree, the dish had to be sent back due to misunderstandings re the level of spiciness. The last time we went, the waitress said that the dish "has to be prepared with some heat," when I asked for the most mild version possible (after my last two experiences.) I felt this time, it may work, only to have the dish come back with too much heat to eat, for me. I've now read similar kinds of sentiments on Trip Advisor, so perhaps, both the wait staff and the kitchen staff with get together and figure it out, that not all Thai food lovers want high levels of spiciness. The drunken noodles is a dish I'd go back for again and again, particularly in the hip yet cozy atmosphere of this great little restaurant (and not so little anymore since they've expanded, thankfully, because clearly, many others love it too!) I'm not giving up on it, and next time, will do as some here suggested, and order the dish with a minus one pepper in their spice rating. I definitely want this little gem to remain in the Binghamton area for a long time to come!

• Visited February 2014

75% Recommend
Recife, PE
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

This is a charming restaurant. The food is really good and the tai tea is awesome! they have a huge deck by the river and a bar downstairs the restaurant. Not expensive at all by the quality of the food. One dish serves two.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Binghamton, New York
“Good food but special orders do upset us”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Was here for dinner to celebrate with 6 friends. Half of us have been to Thai Time before and 3 were first timers. Service was ok but more than once I've had challenges here with adjustments to my meal (e.g. no peppers or shrimp and meal delivered shows up with peppers or shrimp). If you have true food allergies or concerns, this might not be the place for you.

For the meals, the drunken noodles were very good and I had the vegetarian delight, which is served with white rice and a garlic sauce. When my meal was finally delivered correctly, it was extremely tasty, fresh and enjoyable. Note: One of my table mates who does not care for spice asked for her dish to be "level 1", which is the lowest level of spice. Although delicious, it was definitely not level 1 but rather, much spicier/hotter than some of the other meals, which were level 2 & 3. So, if you're flexible and don't have true food allergies, you'll be ok but otherwise, be sure to stress to your server the importance of delivering your meal as needed since both my appetizer and main meal were served not as requested and spice level on one of the others at my table was definitely off.

We also visited the bar and that was fun - bartender knew his liquors and was able to answer my questions plus mixed a nice cocktail. Although November, we also peeked at their outside patio (still under construction) and it looks like it will be really cute, albeit a bit smallish. Looking forward to warmer weather to truly check it out.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

First time to this place. Waiter took our order fairly quickly but the food took 25 minutes to come out. When it did two of the three dishes were served. Ten minutes later we had to ask for our third entree. My son and I were half way through our entrees when my wife's finally arrived. All three dishes were delicious. Fresh veggies, seafood and tender chicken. Spices were excellent. If they get their service together this place will be hard to beat in a college town.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Went with friends during restaraunt week. The ambiance is great - exposed brick walls, wood floor, has a very hip, urban feel. The new patio overlooking the river is going to be a great spot for cocktails with a view!

Our server was polite but service was slow. The panang curry was tasty and the happy hour house merlot for $4 was a hefty pour.

I would definitely go back and would recommend.

• Visited September 2013