“Make a reservation, diverse fare” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 185 Restaurants in Binghamton
Cuisines: European, French, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Brooklyn, New York
“Make a reservation, diverse fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We had no reservation but we ate at bar. Bartender very friendly but busy. We waited a very long time for dinner, but apparently there was a glitch in their computer ordering system so kitchen didn't get order timely. Even though we didn't complain the owner comped one of our dinners, soup and drink. They have a diverse menu ranging from duck roasted in oranges and fennel to walnut and cranberry stuffed chicken breast. Portions are very small for the price.

Visited February 2014

Seaford, New York, United States
“This is a hidden culinary gem that can easily compete with the best small restaurants in Manhattan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Upon traveling back to NYC from Niagara Falls we were looking for a place to eat in an area that has a more active nightlife scene. We chose Binghamton on a whim and checked out Yelp to see what people recommended. The menu looked good and they were open on a Sunday night so we decided to take a shot. We could not have imagined that a little restaurant (around 20 tables) in Binghamton NY could blow out minds with food that was among the best we have ever had. The pork loin was phenomenal and I doubt I will ever have better. They have a rather unusual white balsamic salad dressing that I asked for on my wedge salad and 24 hours later I am still craving it. The menu is diverse and the staff is very accommodating for people with dietary restrictions. The waiter paired an excellent wine with my companion's fish entrée and the atmosphere is very cool (it made me want to buy an old brick warehouse and live in it). If you are in Binghamton or find yourself traveling through, stop here. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
Berwick, Pennsylvania, United States
“An Excellent Find! Looking forward to returning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were visiting our son at Binghamton University and wasn't sure where to go as we wanted to try something different. We took a tour of the Bundy Museum and after the tour, my wife asked the lady who gave us the tour her favorite place to eat and she couldn't say enough about the Tranquil Bar and Bistro. Not knowing downtown that well, we needed the GPS to fine. Just a little corner location where the city meets the neighborhood, and just behind (sort of) the Library. Service was excellent and the prices were very reasonable. We were extremely surprised with how good our meal was, soup was excellent, everything was just fantastic. My wife and our sons lady friend had the chicken, son had steak, and I had the fish and we all agreed that it was one of the best meals that we have had in Binghamton. Can't say enough of how impressed we were with the food, service, atmosphere and the selections of wine and local beers from the bar. Highly recommend to everyone, a stop at the Tranquil, you will not be disappointed! We will be back Again and Again!

• Visited October 2013
US eastern coast
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Went here for restaurant week in Binghamton, so chose from a select menu. As a first course had half of a roast quail with Brussels sprouts flavored with bacon. Second course I had the lamb moussaka. Dessert was pumpkin spice cake and a cup of coffee. All was excellent. The service is attentive. The place reminds me of a restaurant that could easily be in Manhattan.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PineStreet, Owner at Tranquil Bar and Bistro, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Tranquil Bar and Bistro. Our staff works hard to please and your feedback will be shared with them. We strive to provide good food and friendly service. To anyone reading this, if something is not to your liking, let our staff know so we can fix it. Thanks!
Vestal, New York
“What a surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

A friend of my wife invited us to dinner at this Bistro.

It is not in the part of town that I would go in by choice, but for my wife to have dinner with an old friend, we decided to go ahead and do it.

There is ample parking across the street from the restaurant.

I had the smoked duck and my wife had the Cajun Pork Loin. They are served with a house salad or soup (for an extra cost). I had the salad, and wife had French onion soup.

The meals were delicious. Service was very good. Emily did a great job of making sure we were satisfied with our meal.

This not a restaurant to go to if you're in a hurry. My wife and I like the leisurely paced dinner meal. We cruise a lot and if we're done with our dinner meal in anything less than an hour and half, we feel rushed.

Only two items of concern. One unisex bathroom, and the coffee left a lot to be desired. It was old.

Would I go back. Probably.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PineStreet, Owner at Tranquil Bar and Bistro, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. As a coffee lover too, I will review the coffee situation and correct it. It's feedback such as yours that allows us to get better. I am pleased the Emily took such good care of you.

So other readers know, there are two unisex bathrooms, not just one, however, the second one is often overlooked.

Thanks again for your feedback!