“Chili's is crummy!” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Bethpage, New York
“Chili's is crummy!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Been to Chili's a few times over the years and came away with a positive experience, not anymore! Wife and I were seated quickly but server did not appear for some time(restaurant was busy but there were open tables). Water was not served, I guess they want you to BUY drinks. Wife and I ordered new ice teas, blackberry and mango peach so we could share and taste the difference. Don't bother, tasted like any unsweetened tea which I order regularly.
I ordered a full rack of baby back ribs which were served warm and the rack was extremely small.
Fries were oversalted and not crisp.
Service was slow to say the least and I was disappointed in the whole experience. Chili's has seen the last of me, there are too many other quality choices out there.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

47% Recommend
Nashville, TN USA
“Too busy- poor experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This location was quite busy when we arrived with 4 people in our group. As soon as we saw lines at the door , but empty tables, we realized that this could be bad choice.
It was..... We waited at the bar and while we liked the service and bartender was nice, the he did not advise us of a two for one promotion and so our drink order was doubled.
When our table finally became available,we were seated in a busy section handled by two servers.
Our order was taken quickly and drinks were fast (this time we were told of the promotion).
After a long wait our server came to drop something at the table, and I inquired on the status of our appetizers. He promised to check. Finally a manager came to apologize for the delays and acknowledge they were unable to keep up. She deducted the appetizers from the bill as a courtesy which made us happy. The manager was very professional and personable.
Our appetizers arrived and were good.
Then we had another long delay for our main courses, and 2 of the 4 were cold!
We gave up and ate it and wanted to leave but we had to wait and wait and wait for our check and for it to be processed. I found it ironic that the check had a request for a survey which I was happy to plan to fill in later at home.
But when the signed credit card receipt was returned, the itemized check with the survey details was not included. We concluded the staff did not want to be criticized on the survey, but I also lost the chance to win the prize for the survey.
Overall , a poor experience.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Levittown
“TERRIBLE TAKE-OUT SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Be sure to check your food before driving away! Half the food I ordered was not there, they substituted other items without asking, are are stingy with the portions. After driving several miles home, it was pointless to drive back. Contacting guest relations is a waste of time. They don't care and will just reply with bogus emails and do nothing, not even apologize. I will never order from them again or even go into one of their crappy restaurants.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Long Islander
“A Decent Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The place is a little noisy and attracts young and family crowds. Service is always good and prompt. We often have lunch there and the lunch salads (buffalo chicken strips, asian or tropical are filling, but light enough to be both tasty and plentiful. A nice place to meet with friends for lunch.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Plainview, New York
“Inconsistent, noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Chili's has mediocre food, mediocre service, and is usally crowded and noisy. I prefer a lot of other casual dining restaurants to this one.