“Great spot on the Water with Good Food!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 13 restaurants in Bemus Point
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Italian Fisherman offers dining to suit any taste. From the fine Classico Gourmet to the informal WaterGrill, you’ll find something toplease your palate. Regardless of your choice, your taste buds will thank you. Enjoy unforgettable fine cuisine in a cozy atmosphere, with a view of beautiful Chautauqua Lake. Any of these is well worth the trip.Have all three! This is the experience of the Italian Fisherman’s Classico Gourmet menu. The back deck of the Italian Fisherman offers casual outdoor dining on the waterfront, with our Water Grill and live music on Friday, and Saturday nights. Have dinner. Have a drink. Have a dance. Have fun on our back deck! Whether you prefer the fine cuisine and elegant environment of the Italian Fisherman’s dining room, or the more informal dining on thewaterfront deck, you’ll want to come back again and again, with your friends and family.
Lebanon, PA
“Great spot on the Water with Good Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had a great trip to Bemus Point recently. We ate at Italian Fisherman right on Lake Chautauqua. There are options to dine inside, on a covered deck, or on an open deck. The service was great, and the food we had was excellent. It was a bit pricey, but we were on vacation. The salad (with spicy homemade dressing) was great.There is also evening entertainment - at least on the weekends -that looked very good. I have heard that parking can be a challenge in the evenings so plan ahead. In my opinion, it was a good choice for dining for us with a great view.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

55% Recommend
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Beautiful view, expensive food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We visited Bemus Point, a lovely picturesque town on Lake Chautauqua. While there, my family and I had lunch at the Italian Fisherman. We sat on the terrace and enjoyed the view. I had the salmon BLT which was good and it came with a bag of chips for $16. The rest of my family had burgers. The food quality was good but the shocker came when we received the bill...$95 for lunch. My bad for not asking the price for the 'special' burger of the day. I know that they have a captive audience but this was way over the top. It's too bad really because we really did enjoy the view.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jamestown, New York
“Angry and Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

After recently having dinner with 3 friends, we will never return. The food and service was extremely poor. Two of us were interested in the Italian Tapas Treo & the server described them.(she said the small lobster tail came with a lemon sage sauce but it came breaded & deep-fried!! What a way to ruin lobster!) When I got my bill I was shocked to see a charge of $42! The server explained the dish started at $26 but never told us the price that night! When we told her we wouldn't have ordered such an expensive dish had she told us, she claimed she "always told everyone." She finally said she'd check with the manager but came back & said the price was "set." I questioned how it could be both "set" while listed as "starting as." She had admitted to one of us, when asked, that she had forgotten to relay the variable price in the past, yet she also told us she "ALWAYS told everyone." The table nearby was exclaiming how our meal was nearly double the other entrees. A friend later told me the same thing happened when she ordered this dish once and her meal plus salad and 1 drink came to $80. I've eaten in many large cities in the US and other countries and couldn't believe the prices at this restaurant as well as slow, bad service. Nobody at our table enjoyed their meals and none of us liked the Italian Nachos. If the price of an entree varies daily, it should be listed as Market Price or no price printed. This way, customers can ask the price if interested in this choice. The Italian Fisherman used to be a great place to go with excellent food and service. Today, I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Eileen Carlson- Jamestown, NY

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, NY
“Great view mediocre food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Lovely, scenic view. Food nothing to write home about and pricey. Had fish sandwich with a thimbleful of slaw.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo, New York
“Beautiful view & excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Pros: delicious colossal shrimp cocktail appetizer! Warm bread & herb oil a very nice start. Both the service at dinner (Nikki) and the bar (Kyle) could not have been better. My husband enjoyed his lobster ravioli
Cons: my beet salad greens had seen better days. Old and most had that "slippery" feel. yik. My dinner (pasta purses with seafood) were tasty, but served room temperature. Except for the mussels - they were steaming.
As other reviewers, the view is spectacular. It was a beautiful summer evening, and we might return in the future.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere