“Great option” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Great option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Have stayed at several area hotels and after multiple stays here, this is our favorite. Warm, friendly and helpful staff, nice Springhill rooms. Clean and comfortable, nice room layout. Good beds and bedding. Buffet breakfast has enough choices that everyone can find something that works. Fridge(mini), microwave and coffee maker in room are convenient. Coffee is not great but you could always bring your own. Easy access to both 27 and 495 make it a convenient location. Will stay here again.

Stayed January 2014
sgumin, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
First and foremost I’d like to thank you for staying with us during your visit to Long Island. There are many different options but I’m glad you selected us. It is also great to hear that you enjoyed your room as well as some of the hotel amenities. I would also like to apologize for the pool being under renovation, but I am sure by the next time you are in town it will be in perfect running order so that you and your family can enjoy it. Again thank you for staying with us and for all the nice things you had to say, and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Atlantic City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This hotel was a good value for us because it included breakfast. We are native Long Islanders and come from NJ several times a year to visit family. We decided to make a weekend out of our last trip instead of rushing back and forth in one day. Thought it would be nice for the kids to swim in the pool and have a nice breakfast for a mini vacation. The included breakfast was very nice. But the pool was awful. Tiny and ice cold. I don't know why they even bothered putting this pool in at this hotel. There is little point to it. I see a recent response from a manager that the pool will be renovated with a new heater. But it is still the smallest pool I have ever seen at a hotel. Just a bad design if you ask me.
The room was nice enough and had some funky touches like a cool bathroom mirror and frameless glass shower. Bed was very soft and I usually like that and found it very comfortable. The gentleman at the front desk at check in was very pleasant and welcoming. Breakfast selections were nice. Overall we would return for a quick overnite to but if the pool would have been better, we might have come more often! Too bad :(

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to the area. I am also happy to hear that you liked the room design. The hotel design is new and very modern and we feel that it really accommodates all types of travelers. I do apologize that our pool is currently under renovation, but upon completion we know it will be better than ever before and hope you come back to use it. Again thank you on behalf of the hotel and we hope to see you again soon.
Conway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

This hotel looked brand new. Everything was sparkly clean. The bed was the most comfortable bed ever!
Service was wonderful & so polite.
Breakfast was great!
It is conveniently located to shopping, restaurants & places of interest. This place had it all!
I would return!

• Stayed January 2014
sgumin, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
I would like to thank you for all the great things you had to say about our property! We are so happy you enjoyed it as we work very hard to keep our guest happy and the hotel looking new. We look forward to seeing you again!
boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Arrived here with my 4 year old after visiting some people in the area a couple weeks ago. We were just staying for one night. I had looked around for a hotel in the area that had a pool, breakfast and free wi-fi. The hotel and value for the money was very nice. It really is in the middle of nowhere, but we were on our way to the ferry out of Orient Point the next morning, and I personally don't like the congestion closer to the city, so opted to drive out on the island before heading home.This was a great deal in the area, so don't think this is a negative review..it's not, but there was one gripe I had which is the pool area.

The pool itself is not inviting at all. Not sure if this is purposeful for insurance reasons etc.., but it seems it might be since I'm not the only one here on Tripadvisor who has complained about it. It was was very small and kept incredibly cold with no chairs or decor at all. Coldest pool that I have ever tried to enter. Maybe 65 degrees? Because there is no seating, I had to stand to watch my daughter. She did make it in..swam twice across and was done. Far too cold. The lining just around the edge of the pool is also very, very slippery. That should be addressed. It is a danger to young kids getting in and out. She slipped and hurt her knee. Just last night (new years) we stayed at a Holiday Inn Express locally and their pool was a lovely 86 degrees. Had a much nicer time due to it, with free breakfast and free wi-fi. Would probably consider an alternative on Long Island next time, though we did like the suite set up.

I would ask the owners to reconsider their policies in regards to the pool area at the Spring Hill suites. If they made it more inviting/warmer we would return. This is the most important thing to us when choosing a hotel. Otherwise great value!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
sgumin, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
I would like to start off by thanking you for staying with us! I am glad you found us, as we are set off the road between both highways. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall, but would like to address your concerns regarding the pool. As of this week our pool is undergoing a renovation and equipment is being replaced, the heater included, so next time you are in the area I am sure everything will be done and the pool will be nice and warm for you and your family! As far as the seating, town code does not allow us to have furniture around the pool as the space does not permit it unfortunately. I hope I have fully addressed your concerns and we hope to see you again!
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Very comfortable and welcoming lobby. Front desk manager was extremely helpful, friendly and gracious. Made us feel like valued guests. Room very comfortable, clean with several modern and convenient features. Bathroom with tub/shower and vanity with large magnifying mirror was separate room from commode. Very convenient for two friends traveling together to enjoy a play at local theatre. Sitting area with desk/work area separated from bedroom by opaque wall. Breakfast very good and plentiful. I would have rated this excellent, but my only complaint was that it was a little noisy with guests in hall at night. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Our rooms are definitely more spacious than most hotels in the area as they are all suites. Our lobby is all much different looking than most other lobbies as it has a very modern feel and open layout. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area!
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

This is a new Springhill Suites and it shows. Rooms are well designed, contemporary and the place is overall attractive. The staff is very attentive. Only complaint is the minuscule size of the pool and no whirlpool but that seems to be the norm these days. Very comfortable hotel. We'll definitely be back.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
sgumin, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for visiting us and I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! We have a great staff here at SpringHill and the keep the hotel looking great! We hope to see you again soon, have a Happy New Year!
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed for one night back in September, and was very happy with the stay. The bed was very comfortable, and room very clean. Ruby Tuesday right down the road, and great pizza at La Margarita nearby on Station Rd.
The breakfast was very good for a free breakfast, much better than many other hotel breakfasts, with scrambled eggs, waffle maker, and so forth. The staff kept it replenished, as it was very busy the morning we were there, and a bit hard to sit.
I used the pool, and while small, not bad. Comfortable water temperature, and very clean. The only issue was that my fiancee didn't want to go int he pool also, and oddly there was no where to sit in the pool area for anyone with you, but not going in the pool. So she wound up just sitting on the floor up against the wall. That was perhaps the only odd thing, not having any chairs, or even a bench in the pool area.
A great stay though.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
sgumin, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff works very hard to ensure that everyone enjoys their stay! I apologize for the lack of furniture in the pool area, unfortunately local codes prohibit us from having furniture in close proximity to the pool. We hope to see you again soon, and thank you for staying with us!

Been to SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven? Share your experiences!