“Great food, no sound absorbers” 4 of 5 stars

631-803-6067
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Porters on the Lane is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Bellport
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: South Country Road
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food, no sound absorbers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Lovely meal on a Saturday evening. Shared calamari, scallops with risotto and half chicken (dark meat a little underdone). Wait staff did nothing about underdone food other than say "oh". Nonetheless, the place was completely acceptable except that there is no place for the sound to go and so when it's only half full, it's noisy. Too bad, otherwise it would be just about perfect.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fairfax Station VA
“Ear Plugs and Hearing Aids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

The food was excellent! Everything was delicious. Couldn't have been better in that department.. However, as others have mentioned ..the noise. We were in the back dining room. Can't remember if there's a tin ceiling or walls but people's conversation across the room were bouncing off the wall over to us. Could hear them better than the person seated across from me. Very Strange. They need to do something. Thicker drapes to absorb sound? I don't know ,but the noise really ruined the dining experience...

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brookhaven
“Don't book a party here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

I wanted to have a party at this restaurant. When I went in, a nice waitress took my number and told me who to speak to in case they didn't call me back, which they didn't. I called again and left a message on their machine...no call back again. I called a third time so I could finalize my party and send the invitations and was told, after speaking to him, that he (Dan) would get back to me regarding seeing if the room in the back (a very dark room) would accommodate my 30 guests. I clarified twice that he would be the one to get back to me and he agreed. Days went by and still no call. I called and spoke to the owner and was given a curt, "Sorry". I called The Bellport instead, much more professionalism at that establishment.

Visited March 2012
new england
“Some hits and a miss.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Two of our party had the meatloaf which they said was very good. I had the butternut squash soup which was also very good. I also had their burger with fries, and both the burger and the fries were overspiced. I didn't add any salt but both the burger and the fries tasted very salty. As we were pressed for time I ate it, but it was marginal. The room has no soundproofing and was noisy. The bar was full and the restaurant section about half full.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NYC
“Very Good - nice and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Love places that you walk into that make you feel welcome. Porters is like that . good looking restaurant, nice bar and dining areas and good to very good food.

Visited October 2011