“Authentic Irish Food! Curry Chips WOW” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Irish
Victor, New York
“Authentic Irish Food! Curry Chips WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

WOW! Great Irish Food! Owner from Ireland. Don't miss the burgers, Curry Chips or homemade sausage. Had an incredible dessert with Carmel and Bananas that the Irish Owener made.

Visited July 2013

Buffalo, New York
“Good food, comfortable atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is our favorite local restaurant. Fiddler's is a golf course club house (Waterways Resort) just off of Rt. 19, about a 10-min drive off of I-86. We love the fish fry, the Irish stew, and shepherd's pie. Plan on $12-$15 per plate, and I like a good Guiness or black-and-tan (Irish style half-and-half Guiness and Harp). As you'd expect, Guiness makes its way into some recipes; it's an Irish pub after all!

They have a nice setup for weddings, and golf is extremely inexpensive. Lodging is also nice and affordable for those who want to get away. Rating the place's atmosphere is difficult. They have a lounge/bar area that you enter when first walking in, and they typically seat people in a casual dining area, decorated in Irish paraphernalia; however, on weekend nights and special events (Valentine's Day), they open up the small, banquet-style room with nice, white, cloth linens and covered chairs. My wife and I went on Valentine's Day, and they had cute decorations and candy bags at each table. The wedding tent (it's up most of the summer because they have many there) is quite large, and they keep a nice, clean appearance.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Great little pub/restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I came here a few times over the past few weeks with our son as we were staying in the hotel rooms on Waterways Golf resort during a holiday break to NY state. I can highly recommend the food and the service. The menu is simple and unpretentious offering fresh produce and made to order meals if needed. Big portions which I think is the 'American Way' with the traditional 'take away' boxes when us holiday makers can't cope :-) There is no pre-prepared food here which I can vouch for as I ordered a slightly different meal from than the menu as I fancied something different on one occasion. The chef Lisa was only too willing to oblige. Try the old Irish recipe for brown bread! As an Irish woman myself I could be highly critical but totally loved the small bread cakes I was presented with to partner my shrimp salad. I actually had not tasted any like them before. The pub and resort is family run with Richard ever present checking that standards remain high and in fact can regularly be seen with his chef aprons on either assisting the chef during busy periods or giving a much needed break. If you are passing this way I highly recommend dropping by. I hear they also hold live music evenings which we sadly missed out on as there wasn't one booked durng our stay. Thank you again to all who made our stay so enjoyable! x

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Fish Fry Night is to be commended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

I was expecting battered fish with chips which would have made me happy, but they went an extra mile with beer batter which is lovely and light so making even the biggest fish delicious to the end. What made the meal for me though was the Irish champ that accompanied the fish - think mash potato, but then flavour with butter an add spring onions for texture and to add the flavour usually delivered by the capers in tartare sauce - the best fish and potato combination I've tasted yet!