“Bad service ruins a meal.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Entertaining clients, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: TRUCK is a casual, neighborhood restaurant located in charming Bedford Village. TRUCK's menu is inspired by the down-home cooking traditions of Northern New Mexico where the food has been influenced by Cowboy, Native American and Mexican cultures. TRUCK's menu features tacos, enchiladas and signature salads made with grass-fed beef, sustainably raised pork and vegetables straight from local farms whenever possible.
New York
“Bad service ruins a meal.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We were excited to go to Truck, which is a new Mexican restaurant in Northern Westchester County, NY (which are in short supply up here). We went early on a Tuesday evening, and the place was not crowded at all They do not provide chips and salsa gratis for the table, so we ordered soup for starters, which was recommended by our waiter, and then two different entrees. The entrees came out first, with no soup. Our waiter apologized, but no effort was made to fix the problem, in terms or keeping our entrees warm and getting the soup, or making some other kind of offer. So we just ate the entrees. It gets worse. When the waiter was bringing us our check, he asked if we had a side order of sour cream, which evidently was added to our bill. We told him (which he should have known) that we did not have this. He had the owner come out and fix the bill. Then when I was handed the bill, I noticed the entree I had ordered for $18 was billed at $23.50! I asked the waiter about it, and he said it was because I substituted beef for chicken in the taco, and pork for cheese in the enchilada. However, I made the substitutions because the waiter told me, at the time of ordering, that I could substitute any meat I wanted, and encouraged me to do so. If there was to be an up-charge, I should have been told at the time I ordered, not when the bill arrived. I believe that charging more than was agreed to is a cardinal sin in running a restaurant. It is too bad; this place looked cute, and the food was good. But without great or even good service, with mistakes on the bill, it is all for naught.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Chappaqua, New York
“Yuck”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Heard great things and was so disappointed from start to finish. Ridiculously small parking lot. Terrible SLOW service. So noisy you can barely hear. Fried oyster tacos full of shells. When we spoke to manager about our 45 minute wait for food and our inedible meal, she just apologized and said Sunday nights are difficult! Will never go back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
TRUCK R, Manager at TRUCK, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Hello 123kaycee,
We are disappointed to hear that you are still upset about your dinging experience on Sunday. Busy nights can be tough and mistakes can be made, we apologize again that you had a less then stellar experience. As you know, it was very important to us to try to help rectify the problem as best we could while you were with us on Sunday. We had hoped that buying your meal and providing you with a complimentary meal on us for your next visit would do this. We know that you like to come to TRUCK and we hope to see you in the future.
Westchester, NY
“The best new Mexican in Westchester”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My family and I have been going to TRUCK weekly since it opened and can't get enough of it. The restaurant itself is warm and inviting and the service very at tentative. The menu has all your mexican favorites with a few interesting variations that make you want to come back for more. We go with three small children and the staff always seem to know how to keep the pace of things going so that the kids never wait. The guacamole is fresh and mouthwatering. The veg tacos and burritos use vegetable from local farms, mostly organic. The desserts are amazing. Also, the house made habanero sauce will work better than a neti pot at clearing your sinuses! I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Long wait for very small portions of bland food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Waitress friendly , food fairly tasteless ,wait for food extremely long. Poorly organized kitchen to blame. I suspect they will not last unless they drastically reorganize the whole place.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Grease the bearings or Bedford will ask to move that Truck"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Made it to Truck for lunch, small parking lot full, you'd think place was packed with patrons but basically empty except for a couple of tables. We were told by friendly staff on register to sit anywhere we wanted. Rustic informal atmosphere with big wooden beams and wide plank walls gives a warm southwestern flair. There are 4 very small prints on the main wall to the left which looks very lonely. Interesting aluminum can tops adorned the ceiling and there's a rusted vintage looking aluminum panel on the back wall, reminiscent of a shack treated by the passage of time. Bright sky blue painted wooden chairs, colorful string of lights hung from one side to the other, similar to what you'd find in Frida's backyard . The back of the restaurant has pocket doors that can be enclosed for small group gatherings. Music was loud and playing Elvis, really? how about a little authentic Mexican music, mariachis or bolero for that matter. Foodies would agree that our palate might be conditioned to salty feast and huge portions from other venues, but first impression of this Truck is that food is bland and side portions are very, very small. I wanted so badly to get a missing bottle of "picante" red or green, to smother our entrees. Don't expect automatic placement of chips and salsa on the table, you can order those from the menu. Cheese and chicken enchiladas were good, everything else not memorable. Tap water is complimentary.

• Visited January 2013