You'll be walking uphill for a mile...but the view is worth it! The hike is not extraordinarily taxing, but being prepared helps.
1. It is a rocky climb. You'll benefit from bringing hiking poles/sticks if you have them.
2. Bring water and sunscreen. Also, a bandanna or something to wipe sweat away.
3. Wear sturdy sneakers or hiking shoes.
4. The viewpoint at the top is a nice place for lunch.
5. Bring a camera....great views.
It took us 45 minutes to walk to the top (30 coming back).Plan for 2 hours, depending on how much time you want to hang around at the top.
If you own or manage Mount Beacon Incline Railway, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.