“5 star restaurant w/ 3 star prices. "Great Staff"” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mill Creek Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Bayville
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pine Park
Description: Mill Creek Tavern is a cozy and warm neighborhood restaurant with big city cuisine, served in an intimate dining room with exquisite menu selections. Start with the Tuscan calamari, onion soup, or a mussel pot. Enjoy entrees like Mim's meat loaf, pecan-crusted sole, or filet mignon. Save room for campfire s'mores or have it all with the dessert sampler.
long island, new york
“5 star restaurant w/ 3 star prices. "Great Staff"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I went there the other night for a private party and my wife and I loved it. It has excellent tasty food and the staff is great. I would highly recommend this restaurant.The surrounding area is a very nice town w/ a lot to do. We are very happy to have been introduced to this restaurant by my friend Mike and cant wait to go back.

• Visited October 2013

ny, ny
“Service is horrible - Takes away from dining experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I were just there the other day for a friends birthday party and were in the party room in back. First let me start by the place was not busy at all and yet no one was there to greet me at the door as I walked in. It was not until I walked back did someone notice me and ask if I was here for the birthday party. Then when the staff came around to take our drink orders, they would demand your money for your drink but only come back with 1 drink out of 3. You would have to ask for your order again. We waited 20 minutes at one point for our drink. The dinner was off a pre-set menu and the staff could not even get peoples food orders correct. They left 2 people without salad and then when the entrees where coming around they placed the wrong order in front of people. When they realized the error they would then would remove those plates after a few minutes and place that food in front of the correct people. As a result of the terrible service neither my husband or myself could enjoy our meal. When we asked for the check the waitress was hesitant to tell us the cost and demanded to know how we were paying our portion of the bill. Then my husband and I watched 3 of the staff stand around the credit card machine and try to figure out how to charge our credit card. The staff asked us if all was ok. We said we did not want to talk about it. To which we received snide remarks of "Well I tried" from one waiter and "Well I did my best". If that was their best I would hate to see them on a bad day or a day when they are busy. The reason we did not want to tell the staff about our experience is because we did not want to upset the hostess of the party. Well the waitress must have felt it was her duty to tell the hostess that my husband and I were not happy when we left. The reason we know this is because we received a phone call in regards to this from her. So needless to say we will not dine at this particular venue again.

Our advice is don't waste your time or your money.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
El Dorado Hills, CA
“A Real Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Visited here for a post-engagement dinner for our niece. What a peasant surprise! The tavern is old and quaint. But it is in excellent shape. The decor is wonderful - just like you would expect for an old tavern. The dinner (for 12) had been arranged by our nieces fiance with help from one of the staff members. That staff member went way above and beyond to make this a very special evening. She even made some of the decorations for the tables. Needless to say the service was perfect - attentive without hovering, timely and willing to respond to any special requests. Tho food was also excellent with large portions, very tasty and a great value. Will we return - you bet!

• Visited September 2013
Manhasset
“Delighted we found this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Tried to go to a waterfront restaurant nearby and left because if the long wait. We passed this place and decided to give it a try. The Mill Creek Tavern turned out to be a nice find. We were seated immediately and all ordered from the pre fix menu. Our waiter George was so friendly and attentive. The scallops with risotto was great. The desserts offered were a perfect end to our new find. We'll definatly be returning!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wenham, Massachusetts
“Great food in my home town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was born and raised in Bayville and go home now and again for a brief visit. It's always nice to go out for a meal with family and my first choice for the last 3 years has been the Mill Creek Tavern. Nicely appointed and comfortable. . .but the food is excellent! Good drinks as well and the wait staff always friendly and attentive. It is not pretentious yet provides an up-scale experience. I highly recommend it. They serve a variety of foods; fresh seafood, meats and vegetables and tempting desserts. We like to call and reserve a table as they tend to be very busy on weekends when we are in town. There is a bar area separated from the dining room, so it's easy to have a drink and wait for a table or to sit at the bar and watch the big screen.

• Visited July 2013