“enjoyed my stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bayside
Jacksonville, Florida
“enjoyed my stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed at the hotel over the weekend. I didn't have a reservation, the young lady that checked us in was very polite & helpful. My wife wanted some directions & she printed them out for us, she recommended a great restaurant for dinner. She even help me to make arrangements in ordering roses for my wife, it was her birthday. We had a lot of questions & she was quite knowledgeable & patient with us. It wasn't a planned stop but it was a great little hotel, warm & welcoming . The services were wonderful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
AnchorInn1, Manager at The Anchor Inn, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thanks very much for your review. We strive for excellence in service and try to help out in any way we can. Come visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed there recently for business. Looked blindly on Internet for something on the western portion of Long Island that still had access to the beach. The hotel worked out perfect for that, got work done and did a little r and r.

Room Tip: I had the king deluxe which was just right size
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
AnchorInn1, Manager at The Anchor Inn, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank for your review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Many people upgrade to the deluxe rooms with the whirlpools tubs, microwaves and 42" LCD Tv's, for a few $'s more they get more than their money's worth.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

I had a nice experience at the hotel last night. The room had a king sized bed and I got a room with a jacuzzi. The best part of the visit was Cheryl, the front desk person who checked me in yesterday and out this morning. She is very professional and friendly. It doesn't hurt that she is a beautiful and very sensual woman. Too bad she is married.

• Stayed April 2012
AnchorInn1, Manager at The Anchor Inn, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thanks for staying with us again. It's a pleasure to serve you and glad to see that you approve of our staff selection and training methods.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We needed a nice place to stay that was close to the hospital where my young nephew was staying for surgery and AAA recommended the Anchor Inn. Our check in was fine, we signed our paperwork agreeing to the charges and we were granted an extra hour stay from the night manager until 12:00pm due to the daylight savings time change. The room was very nice and comfortable, though the separate radiator heater and the heater/A/C unit were a little annoying to get a steady room temperature, but no big deal.
Everything else was OK until we received a phone call Sunday morning at 10:59 AM from a woman at the front desk asking if we wanted an extended stay. Confused, I told her the night manager granted us an extended stay until noon and she barked back at me saying " That's not an extended stay, that's a late check out and no one noted that on the record!" I asked to speak to the manager in charge and she just hung up on me!
Now furious, I hastily packed my bag and confronted this front desk employee and still with attitude, she tells me no one indicated to her about my late check out request and she hung up the phone because she thought our converation was finished - Are you kidding me???
At that point, I just wanted to get my receipt and run out of this God-forsaken place and then she tells me in order to get a receipt, I need to sign another credit authorization paper because she didn't have the paperwork that I signed the night before - it's like my check in never happened! This employee should not be working in the hospitality industry - She totally ruined our hotel stay experience with The Anchor Inn and the night staff needs to get their act together as well.
Too bad...

Room Tip: There are more accommodating hotels a few blocks away
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
AnchorInn1, Manager at The Anchor Inn, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
First and foremost, we are very sorry to hear about your nephews’ illness and hope that he has a complete recovery as soon as humanly possible.
We are very sorry to hear that you felt slighted by our staff and any miscommunication that may have occurred. At the time that you were here, we had some new staff that was undergoing training. We are happy to say that all the training has paid off as you can see in subsequent reviews. Please rest assured that all of your credit card data remained secure the entire time and that if you have any billing issues or questions, we are more than happy to address them if you call or email us.
new britain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

thank you for the stay we had a great time there when we stayed there. and would recommed anyone to your place and when we go back to New York we will be stay there again. thanks again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
AnchorInn1, Manager at The Anchor Inn, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank you for your candid review. We appreicate your business and hope to have you with us again in the future.
Boulogne-Billancourt, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Discovered this hotel 2 years ago and have been back there 3 times since. Situated in a quiet area the outlook of this hotel may not be glamerous but the rooms are clean and spacious with big comfortable beds. The available continental breakfast is not a highlight however. Had a minor problem once which was taken care of immediately. ThePrices are quite reasonable for NYC, but than, Bayside is not Manhattan.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
AnchorInn1, Manager at The Anchor Inn, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank you for your continued patronage over the last few years as well as for your candid review. We are always happy to serve you and do the best we can to ensure your stay with us is a pleasurable one. If you ever have any issues with the breakfast or any other items, please feel free to email or call us and we will do the best we can to address and improve on our service and amenities.

Been to The Anchor Inn? Share your experiences!