“Friendly, responsive staff- **1st floor is only half non-smoking**” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Adria Hotel And Conference Center

You added Adria Hotel And Conference Center to your Saves list
Adria Hotel And Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221-17 Northern Blvd, Bayside, NY 11361   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bayside
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Friendly, responsive staff- **1st floor is only half non-smoking**”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Staff was welcoming, friendly, and responded very quickly to any requests that I made. My room was on the smaller side, but still clean and comfortable. I appreciate the trend in hotels toward white duvet covers that can be washed in between guests-- really like that.

My major issue with the hotel was the 1/2 smoking/ 1/2 non-smoking floor. I was on the first floor and it smelled horribly of cigarette smoke. Stepped out of the elevator and hit with the dirty smell... it was pervasive. My non-smoking room was right across from a smoking room?! So odd. Gratefully, somehow, my room itself didn't smell of smoke. In this day and age, I was really surprised that smoking rooms are on the same floor as non-smoking rooms... If you are going to have any smoking rooms, in my opinion, they should all be on the same floor, no intermixed. Yikes....

My wi-fi was a little spotty when I was trying to stream a show during what I would consider to be "peak" hours-- 7-9 pm. But when I popped off of the streaming to check email, it worked just fine (so as long as you aren't dependant upon streaming, you should be fine). Yet, that said, in the early morning hours, streaming on the wi-fi (7-9am) worked well.

Overall, I would stay here again IF I could be on a non-smoking floor? Don't know if that's possible?

Room Tip: First floor is half smoking and half non-smoking, so the hallway smells like smoke.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Vinnie M, General Manager at Adria Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear Caren O,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and mostly the comfort and cleanliness of our rooms, as well as our customer services.

We do have indeed a few smoking rooms left in our hotel, unfortunately not enough to fill an entire floor with them, which is the reason why we have one floor with both smoking and non smoking rooms.
I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by the situation and I am happy to confirm to you that it will be absolutely possible to have a room on a complete non smoking floor during your next visit.

As we have a different Internet spot for each floor of the hotel, we will investigate on why the connection was weaker at some hours of the evening.

Please feel free to contact us anytime at reservations@adriahotelny.com for any future reservation, our staff will be glad to assist you with any request.

Adria Hotel and Conference Center, NY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Florence, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We arrived to a no smoking room to smell faint cigarette odor. Then we noticed an almond on the floor; clearly no one vacuumed between guests. That just left us feeling as if the room was dirty. Lastly were the toes that once wet smaller like body odor. The upside was that the desk clerk and staff were very nice.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Hamphoops12,

First of all, thank you very much for answering that Survey and for sharing your experience with us. Your opinion is very important to us!

I am so sorry to see that you had such a poor experience with the cleanliness of your room, and as we are very proud of our housekeeping services usually, we will have to investigate to understand why and how such thing happened!

As you still enjoyed our customer services, we are hoping that you will consider giving us another chance to make it better for you.

Please feel free to contact our Front Office Manager, Aurelie at aartzt@adriahotelny.com, and she will be happy to take personally care of all details for you.

Rancho Santa Margarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We recently stayed at the Adria for one night with our family. Having seen several poor reviews, we were not expecting much. We were pleasantly surprised by how nice the place is. The staff checking us in were very courteous and helpful. The lobby was small but clean. The hallways, again, clean and nicely maintained. The rooms were extremely clean. Our a/c was broken, so after a single phone call, they had someone in our room to look at the a/c unit within 5 minutes. Upon learning that it could not be prepared, they moved us to a different room where the a/c was working just fine. Breakfast was provided in the morning and was decent. They offered free wifi which is a definite plus. The only downside was that there is only one elevator, but at least we didn't find ourselves waiting for a long time. We will definitely stay here again when visiting the area int he future.

Room Tip: Our room was on the opposite side of the main street and had a small view of the water.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Vinnie M, General Manager at Adria Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Nitariddle

First of all, thank you for booking with us, regardless the poor reviews you saw, and thank you so much for sharing your great experience with us!

I am so glad to see how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and mostly the cleanliness of our property, our complimentary amenities and our customer services.
Thank you also for your understanding regarding the A/C unit, and I am glad our Staff managed to solve the problem so fast.

Adria Hotel NY
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Wonderful, customer service, excellent breakfast, very friendly staff. rooms were clean. very quiet and peaceful. the cost was very reasonable. looking forward to staying again. Free Wi-Fi,
the beds are very comfortable.

Room Tip: Very Clean
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Vinnie M, General Manager at Adria Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Lorna M

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am very happy to see how much you enjoyed the comfort and cleanliness of our rooms, as well as our customer services.
I am also glad to see that you enjoyed our complimentary amenities, such as breakfast and wireless Internet.

We will be looking forward seeing you again, and if I can be of any assistance in the future, feel free to contact me directly at 718-361-5900

Johor Bahru, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Great Experience. Stayed three nights- good breakfast, friendly and helpful staff, well maintained and great connectivity. Restful and quiet ambience. would stay here again. Most facilities available .

Room Tip: try any - most are good
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Vinnie M, General Manager at Adria Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear B3amt3am,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience about your stay at the Adria Hotel.

I am very glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and mostly the comfort of our room, and our customer services.
We will be looking forward to see you very soon again!

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can help with anything else, at 718-631-5900

Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

everything about this place was great! beds and pillows were great! Staff was super friendly and helpful! Parking was right and the elevator was slow. Housekeeping was friendly. I was always greeted with a smile by everyone! I would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed June 2014
Dear B3amt3am,

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed at the Adria for a night with business in the area in the morning.
the rooms were very well maintained
I can not say enough good things about the friendly and helpful staff!
I love the old world charm of the place a throwback style that is warm.
the room was immaculate the wake up call exactly on time and I made it to my appointment on time and well rested.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Chris D,

I am very glad to see that from the cleanliness of our rooms to our customer services, you enjoyed every moment of your stay!
As you were staying for business, feel free to contact our Sales Manager, Crystal Calandro, if you wish to have information about setting a corporate rate between your company and our hotel.

Adria Hotel and Conference Center, NY

Been to Adria Hotel And Conference Center? Share your experiences!