“Shelter from the storm” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bayside
New York City, New York
“Shelter from the storm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great staff, manager Henry Soria and front desk Jasmin were more than helpful in finding space for us to stay in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Hotel provides a hearty continental breakfast, coffee & cappuccino, and complimentary passes to a local gym.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I went to the Bayside area for elective surgery and recovery, therefore spending more time in the hotel than if I was on holiday or business. My gratitude is particularly to Alfredo at the front desk, since I stayed alone and without car, he drove me back from surgery and to appointments for checkups in his own car with the permisssion of the hotel. I have stayed in luxury hotels where I was not treated as well as here. All personnel in this establishment have the singular goal of making sure each guest has an optimal experience. My room and bathroom were super clean, with fresh fluffy towels and bedding on my comfortable multi-pillowed bed every day. The TV is modern and accesses many channels, the AC/heat works and one can regulate it, coffe pot and iron are provided. I enjoyed the free breakfasts and the everfresh coffe in the lobby. I must admit, that I dislike the town of Bayside where no stores of value exist and there are only fast food or greasy restaurants, but it is just a few moments to superior other places ( like the pretty Great Neck) the highway is close by and the LIRR takes you to Manhattan in exactly 20 minutes. I felt safe in the hotel and saw that people using it for conventions and meetings were satisfied, too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were re-directed here from the Inn at Great Neck, being told that this was a "sister property". It was more like a poor, country cousin! In a word, the place was a dump. I don't know where you got that picture since nothing we saw resembles it.
The hot water ran off and on while I was showering. The light was dim in the bathroom. The blanket on the bed was paper-thin.The staff was indifferent. The hotel is in a questionable part of town but reasonably close to JFK airport. I would never stay there again. The best thing was the Mirabella Spanish restaurant a few doors away. It was excellent.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This hotel could use a lick of paint in some areas, that makes you wonder what your room is going to be like when you get to it. It's a small hotel in a good location and was a very reasonable price. On arriving to the room it was fine, had everything I needed and was clean. The was a great range of tv channels and good free wifi connection. Breakfast was good, other reviewers have mentioned the plastic cutlery. I didn't mind as the food itself was good, there was a lot of it and a decent range to choose from. Like other reviewers have said, the older gentleman on the desk is a sweetheart, very helpful. All in all I was pleasantly surprised. Would I bring my wife there on romantic get away? No. Would I go there myself again if it was a business trip? Given the price, yes. The only complaint I would have is not much sound proofing between rooms.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Alfredo, the front desk clerk, was a sweetheart. The location was handy and a nice neighborhood. The rooms were clean and the staff was awesome. Great breakfast. I would definately go back. Can't wait

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The Adria Hotel was a great choice of venue for our event entitled "Timeless"!!! For one, it is located in a very convenient location, being literally seconds away from the highway. Next, the staff at the Adria is very kind and helpful. In the planning of our event, the staff took the time to address any and all of our concerns and come the day of our event, they were there to assist with final touches. We even got a room for the day as a place to change our clothes and freshen up for the event. From all of the great service we received with the ballroom, I shouldn't have been surprised that the room would meet our expectations as well. All in all, we had a successful event at the Adria and we look forward to future events at this venue.

• Stayed August 2012
Queens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We had stayed here twice. Staff was nice. Free parking a plus. Clean room. Stayed at a Queen suite last time we were here. Bigger than the regular queen room, had a sofa which was nice. Only issue was the AC was kind of weak, it was set to the coldest setting when we arrived, but room was still warm. It was this past July, so it was a bit uncomfortable during the day. Other than that, overall stay was nice and there wasn't anything that would prevent me from coming back again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Adria Hotel And Conference Center? Share your experiences!