“Our favorite restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 128 Restaurants in Bayside
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Excellent Italian restaurant in Bayside. Great service; great food.
Queens, NY
“Our favorite restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband and I went here for our 1st date back when it was Maria's. I immediately love the food. We have gone back many times since that 1st time. Had our rehearsal dinner there, we go for anniversaries, birthdays and even for take out. Always delish!

• Visited September 2013

New York City, New York
“Decent local Italian fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Service and mgmt very good. Excellent lobster bisque which is a frequent special. Menu fare unspectacular. Stuffed mushrooms and clams marginal . Red sauce is disappointing. Prices reasonable tho and no problem getting a table. I wud recommend Jimmy's as a change of pace and an overall pleasant evening out.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Williston Park, New York
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I read about this restaurant on Trip Advisor and went for dinner in January of 2013. I was looking for a restaurant to have a surprise 80th birthday party for my mom. We had a great meal with great service and booked the party that night. The party was last weekend. Jimmy made sure everything was perfect! He worked with us to set up the tables for 35 guests and attended to every last detail. Our guests were blown away by the quality and quantity of food. Their penne ala vodka is amazing and calamari outstanding. This restaurant is perfect for a romantic evening or a family dinner. Decor is elegant and service is excellent. I will be back and so will many of our guests. Jimmy's is a true treasure in Bayside!

• Visited June 2013
Bayside, New York, United States
“Consistently Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a sweet neighborhood spot that we've been going to for years (since it was Maria's Trattoria and before head waiter Jimmy bought it, renovated, and made it his own). You're sure to encounter many locals here who keep returning, making it packed on weekends. It certainly is a go-to place in Bayside. Owner Jimmy usually greets you at the bar, and they will accommodate you with any dish they can; their aim is to please the customer. Appetizers, salads, pasta, meats, fish--you can't go wrong here. There is also a full bar where some patrons sit, eat, and watch t.v. or you can have a drink while you wait for your table. One thing is certain: I will be back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Eldred, New York
“Great neighborhood restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have recently been coming to this restaurant and have to say it is one of my favorites. When it comes to Italian you don't have too many choices in the area. Luckily Jimmy's Trattoria will satisfy. The veal dishes are excellent. The menu is extensive. Most importantly the service is top notch. The owner will make you feel comfortable and is always courteous. I recommend a visit!!

• Visited October 2012