“Great Water Park....Clean Hotel...Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Batavia
Liverpool, New York, United States
“Great Water Park....Clean Hotel...Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is the second time we've come here and both times it's been great! We stayed in the King Suite which has a pull out bed for the kids...two tv's, nice size refrigerator and a microwave. The water park isn't as big as the others we've been to, which we like because the kids can play and we can sit and relax. The water park is clean and the prices at the snack bar are very reasonable. The kids have a great time and we enjoy watching them without having to get into the water with them if we don't want to. We ate dinner and breakfast at the Oasis Restaurant, again the prices we're reasonable and the food was good. We have 6 year old, 2 1/2 year old and 2 month old so we need a place where the kids can have fun but it doesn't cost a fortune. The staff has been very friendly on both our stays! This place is a diamond in the rough and well worth the 2 hour drive from Syracuse!!

Room Tip: Suites are roomy and have 2 televisions....one for the kids and one for the parents!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Dedham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

In years past (back in the 90's), when the hotel was a Holiday Inn and there was no water park, I was involved with a pageant system where we used to hold our National competitions at this hotel. Well, after many, many years, I felt it was time for a pageant reunion. I wanted to do it at a location that was near & dear to all of us. So I chose this hotel with fingers crossed.....and we could not have been happier!!!!

Right from signing the contract, to our arrival, to our cocktail hour, to our buffet dinner, to the indoor waterpark, to our farewell breakfast - each & every staff member was FANTASTIC!! The food was DELICIOUS!! (And we had lots of picky eaters and kids who all approved!).

The hotel is not new but it is clean and comfy and the comfort of knowing we were safe!! It is literally right off of I-90. We even took a bit of time out to visit Niagra Falls - exactly one hour away!! We had such a wonderful time at the hotel, that I will be indeed booking a pageant here in early Spring!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms overlook the atrium - and there could be a function going on there. Check first. S...
Douglasville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

It's not the best hotel in the world, but for one night stay I won't complain too much. If you have kids they will love the waterpark. I didn't get to go but I strolled through and it was very nice. My first turnoff is smoking, so when I arrived I noticed two people smoking at the door entrance. I feel this is the responsibility of the establishment to make sure people are not smoking at the front door. They might as well come inside and smoke because the smoke is coming into the building, not to mention I had to walk throgh it to get into the building. The other problem I had was there were a couple of guys standing outside in the parking lot drinking. For this hotel to have a waterpark that most likely brings a bunch of kids to their establishment they should not allow people to stand outside drinking in the open. Beer boxes and cans were everywhere when I arrived, but when I departed the mess had been cleaned up. I definitely didn't like that I had to walk past all that to get to my room. The room can definitely use an upgrade. The bathroom is no bigger than a closet. It was semi clean, but could definitely use some attention in some areas. The bed was pretty comfortable and the rest of the room was alright. If you're not looking for anything fancy and your primary reason for checking in is the waterpark I'd stay here. I read a lot of reviews for hotels in this area and nothing was spectacular, including the Holiday Inn. I eventually settled on this hotel because I wanted the choice points. The hotel staff is very helpful and friendly, A++++ to them. If I'm in the area again, I might stay here. I heard they were doing some updates, so it might get better. Near the hotel is the casino, target, wal-mart, and a few other places.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I cancelled plans to go out of town and decided we still wanted something to do, so we decided to make last minute plans to go to the indoor water park and stay the night. The hotel room was pretty nice, I thought we were going to have a fridge in there as stated online but there was none. We received coupons to the hotel restaurant which pretty nice as well. The restaurant was small and had a lot of flies flying around which I didn't like, but the food was pretty decent. The hotel room was clean and neat and the indoor waterpark was great. My husband and daughter loved it, the staff was friendly and accommodating. I would stay here again with my family, especially those with kids for the waterpark.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel on a business trip. Hotel has just been renovated seems like they are just buttoning up the finishing touches. Rooms are spacious and clean. Front desk was very pleasant and helpful. Very convenient location just off I 90.

• Stayed August 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Our stay was decent the rooms were clean. You can't beat the package deal. I used the casino pass and won 50.00 the breakfast voucher was more than we could use. Overall it is a pretty good time the kids loved it. Only the adults complained but they found out we had drink vouchers and appetizer vouchers it eased their pain. I would do it again.Sunday is definitely the best day to go in not crowded at all. If you want something to do with the kids for a night and not spend a lot of money this is a great getaway

• Stayed August 2013
New Buffalo, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I usually read comments on Trip Advisor before booking but didn't for once and am very sorry. Dirty, smokey smelling "non-smoking" room. Building under renovation without any attempt to make things nicer despite that.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Batavia hotels

Been to Clarion Hotel Palm Island Indoor Waterpark? Share your experiences!