“Very clean, great customer service” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Batavia
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8200 Park Road, Batavia, NY 14020   |
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Batavia
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very clean, great customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed here twice in the last two months. Both times the front desk employees were very professional and checked us in quickly. Rooms were very clean. We were traveling with our dog, and our room was on the first floor, near a side door, so that was convenient for him.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ballston Spa, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stay in hotels maybe 30 times a year, including several budget hotels, and this is the first time I've ever not been able to stay somewhere due to the level of cleanliness. It's also the first time I've felt compelled to write a hotel review and forewarn others. There were huge stains on the carpet, the light buzzed like a seedy motel, there were crumpled receipts on the desk, there was a patch on the floor where the vacuum might not hit that was just filled with dirt. I told the woman at the desk I was cancelling my reservation and leaving, which was 10 minutes after I had checked in. Her response was just "OK" without even looking up at me. No questions.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Batavia hotels

Constantia, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The whole place smelled strange, nothing in the fitness room worked, and the pool was cold, green and moldy. Being backed up to the thruway makes for a loud night's sleep. My family voted to make the long drive home to get to our own beds rather than spend another awful night in that dumpy hotel!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Central Lake, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stopped in here for the night while travelling to Maine from Michigan. This was a very nice motel. The pool was great for the kids after a long day on the road, and the continental breakfast was more than we could have asked for. I would definitely recommend this motel to others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. The hotel was very dirty. Our shower and our sink wouldn't drain right, the toilet was clogged, and the bed spread had some stains on it. The staff was pretty nice although the one lady gave us a plunger and told us to go unclog the toilet because she couldn't. The breakfast was ok but there was so much dust on the drink machine that my dad wrote clean me on it with his finger. The pool was very cloudy and there were hairballs floating around in it. In our room there was no screen in the one window and in the other one the screen was torn apart. From out room window all we could see was the highway and a drain pipe. I would not recommend that you stay in this hotel. It is not a good place to be.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have relatives who live in Batavia and Silver Lake, NY, and I come here 2-3 times a year. Out of all the hotels I've stayed in the area, this was my least favorite. Although the staff was friendly, there were many problems. The bathtub wouldn't drain right. The pool was very cloudy. Fitness center equipment didn't work. Toilet was clogged, and woman at front desk gave me a plunger and told me to go unclog it myself. It wasn't very clean. One of our windows had a broken screen, and one didn't have a screen at all. Our room also had a beautiful view of the New York Thruway and a water drain. Breakfast was actually, however, pretty good. There was a PGA golf tournament nearby in Rochester, NY, so it was our only option. Also, because of the PGA tour, they jacked up their rates from $108.10 to $154 dollars a night, but eventually my dad told the manager, and he changed mostly everything wrong. Not very clean, either. I would not recommend this property for anyone, knowing that I would be making a poor decision for others, and unless I was desperate and needed a hotel room fast, like this time, I wouldn't stay here again, either.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The basic room at this motel was ok, but drab browns and beiges. The pool was the BIG disappointment. We had several hours before our evenings plans and went to the pool to relax. There was visible dirt on the bottom, the water was cloudy and worst of all, there was green slime at several places around the water line and on the pol deck where water looked to have drained. When we complained we were told that the "pool person" had not come in that day, they were sorry and would give us 10% off. Some of these conditions were obviously more that a one day accumulation. Having paid close to $100 for our room at the senior rate, I would have expected better. We will not return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Batavia? Share your experiences!