“great ice cream” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Batavia
More attraction details
Owner description: Stop by and try some of their locally famous sponge candy! This sweet-smelling candy shop is filled with all kinds of tasty treats and custom gifts including chocolate! They even have their own ice cream parlor on-site! Open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily, year round.
Waterloo
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“great ice cream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

delicious homemade ice cream and chocolate. Lots of choices as to candy and chocolate. In season peach sundaes were made with fresh peaches and a lovely vanilla custard

Visited July 2014

New York
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Easter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I purchased a chocolate cowboy boot filled with nuts, a chocolate fish and a chocolate bear from Oliver's for Easter this year. Very good chocolate and fun with all the different shapes available in the store.

Visited April 2014
Rochester, New York
567 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 630 helpful votes
“Yummy - GREAT candies of all kinds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I was passing through Batavia today, and I just had to stop into this incredible store. Oliver's has been a landmark of this town for decades. They make and sell the best chocolates, candies of all kinds, box sets, truffles, and lots more. For people like me, they also produce some wonderful sugar-free varieties that taste almost like the full-carb varieties. Prices are moderate to high, but well-worth the price. Stop in, even if it just to breath the air! It's worth it!

Visited May 2014
Brisbane
152 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 162 helpful votes
“Biggest range of chocolate figures I've ever seen!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

When visiting Batavia recently, I was taken to Oliver's Candies. WOW! I've never ever seen so many and varied chocolate figures. And in milk, dark and white chocolate. And solid figures and hollow figures. Little ones and HUGE ones. And gift baskets.

So many products and lovely staff to help you find what you need. So worth a visit!

Visited April 2014
Avon, Ohio
584 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,583 helpful votes
“A Valentine’s Treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Although we have our own very good local chocolatier (Malley’s), while traveling to Batavia a few days prior to Valentine’s Day I decided to give Oliver’s a try for a change. I found that Oliver’s has a large selection of different varieties so one can find just the right combination but prices were generally a couple of dollars higher than our local chocolatier. Service was wonderful with the workers helping me to navigate the large selection to quickly find just what I wanted. They also wrapped, at no additional cost, any unwrapped selections and they will arrange shipment at checkout if desired. I purchased a box each of chocolate covered nuts for my wife and a box of chocolate soft centers for my daughter, each their favorite type; and they were both delighted with their chocolates. Trying both, I personally preferred the local chocolate covered nut clusters over Oliver’s as the local variety has a greater portion of chocolate in the cluster versus the one large chocolate covered nut of Oliver’s. On the other hand, I preferred Oliver’s soft centers over the local chocolatier’s.

Visited February 2014