“Easter” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Batavia
More attraction details
Owner description: Stop by and try some of their locally famous sponge candy! This sweet-smelling candy shop is filled with all kinds of tasty treats and custom gifts including chocolate! They even have their own ice cream parlor on-site! Open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily, year round.
New York
17 attraction reviews
“Easter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I purchased a chocolate cowboy boot filled with nuts, a chocolate fish and a chocolate bear from Oliver's for Easter this year. Very good chocolate and fun with all the different shapes available in the store.

Visited April 2014

Rochester, New York
1,770 reviews 1,770 reviews
520 attraction reviews
“Yummy - GREAT candies of all kinds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I was passing through Batavia today, and I just had to stop into this incredible store. Oliver's has been a landmark of this town for decades. They make and sell the best chocolates, candies of all kinds, box sets, truffles, and lots more. For people like me, they also produce some wonderful sugar-free varieties that taste almost like the full-carb varieties. Prices are moderate to high, but well-worth the price. Stop in, even if it just to breath the air! It's worth it!

Visited May 2014
Brisbane
144 attraction reviews
“Biggest range of chocolate figures I've ever seen!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

When visiting Batavia recently, I was taken to Oliver's Candies. WOW! I've never ever seen so many and varied chocolate figures. And in milk, dark and white chocolate. And solid figures and hollow figures. Little ones and HUGE ones. And gift baskets.

So many products and lovely staff to help you find what you need. So worth a visit!

Visited April 2014
Avon, Ohio
563 attraction reviews
1,362 helpful votes 1,362 helpful votes
“A Valentine’s Treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Although we have our own very good local chocolatier (Malley’s), while traveling to Batavia a few days prior to Valentine’s Day I decided to give Oliver’s a try for a change. I found that Oliver’s has a large selection of different varieties so one can find just the right combination but prices were generally a couple of dollars higher than our local chocolatier. Service was wonderful with the workers helping me to navigate the large selection to quickly find just what I wanted. They also wrapped, at no additional cost, any unwrapped selections and they will arrange shipment at checkout if desired. I purchased a box each of chocolate covered nuts for my wife and a box of chocolate soft centers for my daughter, each their favorite type; and they were both delighted with their chocolates. Trying both, I personally preferred the local chocolate covered nut clusters over Oliver’s as the local variety has a greater portion of chocolate in the cluster versus the one large chocolate covered nut of Oliver’s. On the other hand, I preferred Oliver’s soft centers over the local chocolatier’s.

Visited February 2014
Rochester, New York
37 attraction reviews
“Best chocolate you will ever have”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Oliver's has been a standard in this area..outstanding products. The prices are a little higher, but you get what you pay for. Chocolate is so good, and hundreds of varieties of molds at Easter. Very nice ice cream shop on the side of the building, as good as their candy. The owners have been major supporters of career education in the area by participating in our local Business Education Assn. I am not related to them nor friends, but I did work as a teacher and was given great support by the owner for job shadows, tours, etc.

Visited February 2014