You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Batavia
Davenport, IA
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband & I stayed here July 21. I requested a top floor room away from elevator, ice and vending which we were given. The room was located halfway down the hallway so traffic noise was not a problem for us and it was away from the elevator. The guy who works the check-in shift needs a Personality 101 course, for certain. Last name? Room on the 4th floor. Elevator straight ahead and to the left. End of conversation. But he did fulfill his duty of getting us in a room. Air conditioning works very well and the room we had was oversized. The only thing keeping me from giving this hotel a 5 rating is the breakfast service. We stay at HIE whenever possible and this had to be the worst for keeping breakfast items filled. The responsible woman was standing at the front desk visiting while there were no cinnamon rolls, no fruit, coffee pots were nearly empty, and there was no yogurt. The breakfast employee needs to be reminded of her job duties. Hotel is very modern (although elevator carpeting is very stained) and CLEAN. Not much in the near area for eating - - definitely cannot walk to anything.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lisa D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
thanks for the positive feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Maine, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My niece and daughter stayed 2 nights this week for a concert at Darien Lake. The staff was very friendly and their room was very nice. They were very happy with this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
thanks for the positive feedback!
East Amherst, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed at this establishment on 6/28/13... Just a quick overnight getaway in celebration of anniversary. I will be honest and tell you, all our usual getaway places were booked solid, so I did a little research for areas which offered a casino for us to go throw quarters into slot machines, learned there is a casino in Batavia, so looked up high star hotels, which led me here. Upon arrival, the place looks great, it's clean, modern and very tastefully decorated, however, the front desk clerk from the get go let it be known he could care a less if we were afire...he simply was there to punch in our names, give us key cards to room and get us out of his face. Well, we certainly weren't there scouting for employees to hire for our own business so, that certainly didn't sway my opinion. Reached our room, again, very modern, clean, updated and good size, however immediately it was apparent the air conditioner was working much harder than the desk clerk, it was FRIGID. We tried everything to get it to shut down, no avail so I simply wrapped up in all bedding supplies (just regular bedding on beds is supplied, no extra blanket in closet...maybe we're supposed to use towels??). Since I didn't want to bother the robot at the desk, just lived with it and hoped whilst we were gone to dinner and casino, the room would warm...it never did, we froze all night, I am writing this on Monday evening, still can't feel my toes lol. Then lets talk about the bed, based on appearance, you immediately anticipate a night of sleeping on a cloud, NOT. I have never ever ever had a negative comment about a bed but I will tell you, I barely could move the following day. My back, shoulders and neck hurt so badly that at 5am I pondered moving to the floor but as we all know, heat rises, thus I'm certain I would have succumb to hypothermia if I did so, I sat up till daybreak, eating ibuprofen as pez candy. The next morning is when everything really goes downhill...we headed to breakfast and checkout at 10:15am...literally there was a single piece of bread left to toast and 2 cinnamon rolls and the do it yourself pancake maker, no syrup. I saw an employee scurrying to close everything up, asked for syrup to which she quickly replied "nope" lol. Well the toast would be fine for me, paired with coffee (which is the BEST coffee I've ever had really and I'm a coffee junkie), my hubby could enjoy the cinnamon rolls and we would head back to buffalo and hug up our young girls whom were awaiting us. On the 2nd bite into his roll...I look at my husband and he has a 12 inch hair strand hanging from his lips, draped with icing and he's readying to chow it down. Of course I jump, almost slap the roll out of his hands and start signaling to spit it out. By now his sensory has detected the foreign object and he was gagging. We QUICKLY got up, threw everything away and headed to check out. I've now learned the importance of hair nets in the food preparation industry. When checking out, the new desk attendant whom saw we had just walked past her to go eat, now 5.5 minutes later we are leaving asked if everything was ok (meanwhile my husband practically has his head in the garbage can retching)...I told her about the hair, said please make food preps wear hair nets to avoid this, she immediately assessed a $25 discount to our bill. I must say she was the only employee we met on these premises whom was professional, courteous and awake, her I would definitely steal away for hire, she's the gold in that building. So...the moral is this, from the outside, this place definitely appears "all together and adequately operated"....truth is....far from it. Unfortunately, if I find myself again booked out from regular places we go such as La Quintas, Hilton, Seneca Casino Hotel, I certainly would never go back here, we would stay home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Nicole S B,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good. We are so pleased you liked the fine decor of our hotel. Please allow us to apologize for the over-all issues you had during your stay and any inconvenience the situation may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class experience to our guests. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dexter, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stopped on our way to an event near Boston. The facility looks nice and is well maintained. I noticed that ear plugs were on the night table adjacent to the bed. The package said essentially for those that have difficulty sleeping, not realizing why at the time. The hotel sits adjacent to the NY Thruway. It seems the architect or chain did not see the need to add any sound proofing to block the noise form the Thruway. Poor choice. In addition, it seems they did not think it necessary to have an sound barriers in the interior of the hotel. The noise from the hallway and adjacent rooms arried throughout the night. Never again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lisa D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
We thank you for your input. we will look into the sound issue in that particualr room and have it addressed
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was easy to reserve online but the staff member who said I would get an email confirmation spelled my name wrong so I had to call back a couple of days later to request the confirmation. The hotel was easily located off of I-90. Check-in was quick. The hotel room was spacious and clean with a great shower, however, we could very easily hear what was going on in the room next to us. The room was provided with ear plugs, which shows that noise is a bit of an issue. The breakfast the next morning provides a lot of options but the fresh fruits were not there yet when we went down at 7am. Our kids used the pool, which was small but great for young kids.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
thnak you for the nice comments
Avon Lake, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had a baseball tournament at Darian Lake a couple of weeks ago. This hotel was newer, clean and a pleasant place to stay. Do stay away from a couple of the neighboring hotels such as the Clarion and the Comfort Inn. Although the Comfort Inn wasn't as bad as the Clarion, it was not a hotel that I will go back. Our team had to make a few mistakes in the area until we found this hotel. It was a touch higher price than the other, but well worth it if you are looking for clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Didn't' myself see the swimming pool. The boys on the team seemed to enjoy themselves but t...