“perhaps I'm Spoiled” 3 of 5 stars

Rochester, New York
15 attraction reviews
“perhaps I'm Spoiled”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I had seen the TV commercials about an all new Batavia Downs -- new games, addition. So we decided to stop by and see what it is all about. We usually stick with Finger Lakes and take an occasional trip to the real casinos in Niagara Falls. Driving up to the facility, we could tell this group is not into spoiling its "investors". The facility looks like a warehouse, in my opinion, and the parking lot looks like an employee parking lot. The lot is not labeled for parking areas and the walkway into the building was partially taped off (probably because of recent snow but the snow was gone).
The staff member at the players club was very pleasant but we really didn't connect with any other staff members in our 2 hours there to know if that was typical.
There were two smoking areas that are sectioned off rooms but still noticeable by the smell when you were close by.
Not sure how to really rate this facility since I think their competitors in the area have spoiled me. So I just rated it average but believe me when I say there is huge difference in close by facilities. At this point in time I would see no reason to come to this one again.

Visited April 2014

Woodbridge, New Jersey
10 attraction reviews
“We had fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My husband and I were staying in Batavia overnight on our way to Canada, and we decided to go to the Casino for a little while. It was typical casino, seemed to be a pretty good selection of machines to play. We saw the ad for Fortuna's restaurant at the entrance to the casino and went there to eat. They were having a 2 for $25 meal deal so we ordered that. My husband had the chicken parm, which came with spaghetti, and I had the linguini with clams. Both dishes were very tasty, and came with salad, and your choice of a glass or wine or a soft drink. They also brought a chunk of bread basted with garlic on a cutting board that you cut and butter yourself. It arrived at the table warm, not to crusty, and soft on the inside; very nice. We were very full, so we did not try any dessert. We had a nice dinner and my husband came out a winner, so what more could we want?

Visited March 2014
St. Catharines, Canada
“Fortunas terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Ate there twice before and enjoyed, but tonight I had spaghetti and meatball, I had this two weeks before on a Saturday for lunchand was good then, this was on a Friday night for supper. Spaghetti was reheated, awful, meatball was like sawdust, complained and they said they would check with kitchen on if reheated. Never did tell me anything, ate tiny more and could not go further. Left note at their box if you happy or unhappy. I left very hungary and it cost me $12.50 for nothing. Never again will go to Alex Place outside Batavia Casino.

Visited March 2014
Batavia, New York
“Fun for a weekend evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Batavia Downs just remodeled their gaming floor with all new slots and an updated atmosphere. There are also restaurants available, and the food was pretty good too. When horse racing season is on, you must catch a race or two! Fun to eat in the Clubhouse and watch the horses! I do believe they are still in the process of remodeling that area, so there could be some construction.

Visited January 2014
Rochester, New York
4 attraction reviews
“fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

lots of fun, left with an extra $50, lots of good food and different slots. I would go again. great Time.

Visited July 2013