“Great Ribs!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Rye, New Hampshire
“Great Ribs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Excellent BBQ with smoker right in the restaurant. Friendly staff and 2 comfy bars. I usually eat here when in town for business.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Batavia, New York
“Fantastic BBQ ribs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I frequent this restaurant often. They are most famous for their BBQ ribs, which are fall-off-the-bone fantastic!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lexington, Massachusetts
“Yum, ribs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Best ribs I've ever had! Got to this place after 8 and it was still packed. Luckily there were seats at the bar. Our bartender was really friendly and nice to talk with. A great selection of beer too. I got a wings and ribs combo. The wings were just OK, but the ribs were fantastic! They were so tasty, and the portion was not so huge, which was good cause otherwise I might not have been able to wok out of there. Definitely worth eating at!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tioga, Pennsylvania
“Best Ribs Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My family and I have been going to Alex's for as long as I can remember. I hadn't been to Alex's in a few years due to moving out of state. Went back this past weekend for a family gathering and it was like nothing had changed: great service, great food, great restaurant. The ribs are by far the best I've ever had and have consistently been great every time I have ate there. The ribs melt off the bone, no utensils are ever needed. Their appetizers have always been good, too. Try the calamari! I enjoy the regular ribs while some of my other family members enjoy just garlic and butter on their ribs (which is offered if you order it that way). The staff are very nice and accommodating. I have sat in every part of their dining area and there is no bad seat in the place. This past time, our family sat in the "library" which is a little cove that allows for a large rectangular table for larger parties (we had 11 in our party). This is a restaurant everyone should try, not just in the Batavia area (we travel from Rochester).

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
upstate NY
“Worth the wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This is a very popular local restaurant that does not take advance reservations...although you can call while on your way... We arrived at 6:00 on a Saturday and the place was packed! We were told the wait time for our party of 4 would be about 50 minutes. We were not seated until 7:30! As soon as we arrived at our table the manager came over, apologized for the wait and comped us two appetizers...CLASSY! Service and food are both excellent, large portions, great flavors. If you can wait for a table during busy times, you will not be sorry!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Alex's Place? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Alex's Place, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.