“Fun in the sun” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Barryville Base and Kittatinny Campgrounds

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barryville
Barryville Base and Kittatinny Campgrounds
Save Saved
You added Barryville Base and Kittatinny Campgrounds to your Saves list
3854 Route 97, Barryville, NY 12719   |
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fun in the sun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Have been here two years running and going to keep the tradition alive this year as well. Typically rent a group site far away from everyone else, and travel with 20+ people. The grounds are clean, and they are very willing to let us have fun without intervention. The water river is amazing, but bring your water socks or your going to have some sore feet.

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Caldwell, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I love this this place we go every year and stay in the cabins, i never had anyone be rude to me there the only thing that sucks is that there is no phone service at all and i dont think there is a pay phone.... there is internet but the wont let you on they should get wi fi and charge we would of paid.... in case of emergency there is no way to call out......you have to raft or tube or something too, all in all i would never camp any where else...

Ribeirao Preto, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

For those who like to go camping in a place where you can easily go to a regular bathroom and shower, this place is great. Pretty open sites with BBQ area and parking space. Is pretty cool that you can park your car next to the site too.
I also recommend their rafting tour. Is pretty cool :)
Going back next summer.

• Stayed September 2013
Prince, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Just got home from a weekend at Indian Head. I read the reviews beforehand so knew what I was getting and the reviews are spot on. Campsites way to close together and all the groups around us were there to party - one group ALL night long. They had a full on band going on with tamborines & accordians. Don't expect peace and tranquility here- this is not the spot. That being said if you want a beautiful view and quick access to the river - bring earplugs and you might be ok.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Middle Village, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Over crowded, beyond disgusting bathrooms, and rude staff. When I first walked into the bathroom I got sick to my stomach so I will spare you the details. My husband went to the office to complain about the bathrooms at around 8:00pm and was told "We had someone in to clean them at 4 but it's you people who are using the bathrooms." The next day they were even worse. The grounds were rocky, unkept, and dirty. Safe yourself some aggravation and look for another campground.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from kittatinny this morning with my husband and our dog. The first 2 nights we stayed with a large group of friends and we had a nice time. It wasn't loud and the employees came around in trucks a few times a day and even gave us extra garbage bags. The staff at the main house were friendly too. Now I know this is camping and not a 5 star hotel, but the bathrooms are absolutely disgusting. We paid $30 for 2 nights and you'd think they'd have decent facilities. I'm grateful that I was able to take a warm shower each day but the bathrooms are just gross--water and mud were always on the floor. At night practically all the toilets were clogged. All the activities are so expensive (I think kayaking was $45). I don't get how they only have a few bath houses for such a large property. With all the money they charge you there should be decent bathrooms. Who knows how often they are cleaned (mold was all over the bottom wall of one shower). 2 of our friends booked their campsite at kittatiny right near us and the neighbors were rude as anything. Blasting music past 11:00 then this morning one of them blasted music at 6:45 am!!! I was so pissed. No common curtesy at all. Overall we had a fun time but I don't think I'd come back here.

• Stayed September 2013
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Please do not waste your money!
You are literally sleeping on highway!! LOUD trucks all night long, and tents are very close to each other, so it's extremely loud if you want to sleep. Campground is dirty and very-very rude, unorganized and dishonest staff!! (overcharged us due to their own mistake)
NEVER COMING BACK!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Barryville Base and Kittatinny Campgrounds? Share your experiences!