“Great time zip lining!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 4 Attractions in Barryville
Type: Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Kittatinny Canoes offers daily trips for experienced and novice paddlers on the Delaware River. Raft, canoe, kayak, tube...calm water and whitewater we have something for everyone, regardless of your experience level! Unlike a water park, experience nature up close! Paddle through breathtaking scenery filled with abundant wildlife. You may see bald eagles, hawks, herons, ducks, deer, the occasional black bear and much more! Bring a picnic lunch, stop, relax, swim, the day and the river are yours!
Tuckahoe, New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
“Great time zip lining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great experience with the staff both in the office and at the top and bottom of the zip line. Great time! We'll be back.

Atco, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
“We went twice It was Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Went on tuesday and my daughter did the zip line, She was scared but had a blast. The guys at the zip line were very nice and really helpful, Thanks Guys. We wound up going back and I did it with my daughter. It is pretty awsome. Again the staff was really helpful and kept things moving. We came back that afternon and me and my daughter did the 2 to 3 hour raft trip. Just wish we remembered the camera. This is a nice short trip through some reall nice scenery. Dont forget the camera. Staff was nice. We enjoyed both activities and would go back.

Rochester, New York, United States
10 attraction reviews
“Family Get Away”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The staff were unfriendly and the instructions before the river tube were mumbled and ended with "if you get stuck, climb the bank of the river for a house or business to use the phone (as we were told not to bring our cell phones with us) and use the number on the tube". No one greeted us at the end of the tour or assisted exiting the rocky, very rocky, "beach" I felt I could have drowned in the river and no one at Kittatinny would have noticed.

Rochester, New York
“Family Get Away”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

As my family and I were visiting the Poconos we researched on line and chose water tubing in Milford PA. I called ahead and made reservations and when I arrived the fee was higher than I anticipated and when i asked why if i made advanced reservations I was told I did not leave a deposit. When I made the reservations I specifically asked if I needed to leave a deposit and was told no but the customer service personnel was curt and unfriendly so I paid the higher price as we planned on this activity for the day. Although the site is nice, clean, and updated, the staff at the reservation desk was rude as well as the driver of the van who drove us to the launch site. He did not speak to any of the guests in the van ride and when we shuffled out he mumbled the instructions and safety aspects, basically saying stay to the right and if we get in trouble the phone number is on the tube and if we do not have our cell phones with us (which we did not as we were told not to bring them in the water) to crawl up the bank to a home or business to call for a ride. The river ride was nice and relaxing, there was no homes or businesses along the way, so it was good we managed ok ourselves. Upon exiting the river, there was no greeting or assistance getting out of the water on the rocky, very rocky beach I felt I could have drowned and no one would have noticed. We were misadvised not to bring anything, I wish I brought a bottle of water and a waterproof camera. We were given very little safety or guidance before heading down the river. Glad I wore water shoes. I was just an expensive ticket fee. Overall I was very disappointed with the company.

Belleville, New Jersey, United States
“Lackawaxen Whitewater Trips not as advertised”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I took this trip on August 2nd, 2013. Weather was sunny and warm, staff was friendly and the store they have offered everything from hot breakfast sandwiches to subs.

This is the 4th time this year I have used Kittatinny Canoes. Great company and very accommodating. This particular trip I was severely disappointed. The lackawaxen trip is advertised as a class II - III whitewater trip. Not even close, it is a class I with maybe a class II rapid here and there. We were constantly getting stuck on rocks and having to get out of the raft and pull it off. This happened even with the so-called dam release that was scheduled. Apparently just because it is a dam release day, doesn't mean they will let the dam go all day or at a usable flow of water. Someone said that it was only at 420 CFPS. The rapids at staircase to Matamoras were more thrilling. The website advertised that it would be a class II and III. I called to verify this, and the lady I spoke to on the phone said it was for experienced paddlers, and no coolers or any items could be brought on the raft since they would get launched out. My 6 year old son would have loved this trip and could have done it with no problem. When I got to the launch site the driver of the van said we could bring whatever we wanted, which had I known that we would have packed a lunch for our 5 hour trip. The lady on the phone said we would have to pay attention and there would be no time to have lunch, this was not the case, thank god I brought some snacks because most of the trip was just floating around hoping that around the next turn there would be some crazy rapid or a fast moving current,, but to our disappointment that never occurred.

All in all the company is great, and there normal Delaware river trips are great, just beware that this so called advanced white-water trip is not what it is advertised to be. Save your money and time and just book somewhere on the Lehigh river, they have verified class II and III rapids, and if you want something even more challenging like myself, try the black or Hudson river in upstate NY. This trip was a joke and we all went home feeling we got ripped off.