“AWFUL” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“AWFUL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a very disappointing meal at the Spa Cafe. The service was extremely slow and our order apparently got lost! When our meals arrived the portions were very small and the cooked items had a very strange smell. My diet coke also had this smell. Definitely not up to the standard expected at such a prestigious hotel. We were offered a 15% discount but when the bill was checked they had included an item we hadn't even seen.
Definitely will not return.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Very good food but a bit snobby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Food was excellent but staff really had a chip on their shoulder, would recommend highly if it wasn't for a rude waiter

Visited August 2013
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“A sublime location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is an outstanding place just to visit let alone eat and stay in . Good food and fine accommodation

Visited August 2013
“Perfect for a Sunday roast lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I'm not going to pretend that this is a cheap place to eat. And I will be honest, I had to dress up for the occasion, put on my best manners and be on my best behaviour. A beautiful old and stately building that is untouched in decor (don't expect modern styling here), wonderful old fashioned food and serving and exceptional service. I felt I had stepped back into time and yet I loved every second. The waiters were friendly but extremely professional, never intrusive, yet always there. The food was divine, cooked to perfection. And the location, well utterly breath taking and completely overwhelming.
We didn't just eat in a restaurant, oh no, you can not just eat there and leave. You experience Hartwell House.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“married at hartwell house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We got married on july 13th at Hartwell House and I cannot say enough good things about the staff and grounds. The day was the hottest of the year and the grounds are absolutely beautiful. We got married at 5pm and I got ready was in one of the Royal rooms - a huge corner of the house which is beautifully decorated with views of the grounds everywhere you look. Our wedding planner Mirella organised everything with a sense of humour and a firm hand and made it all run like clockwork. The food was great and all was served with a smile. We sat outside on the terrace until just before midnight when we moved into the great big hall and quietly finished our wine. This is a very British country house with creaky floorboards and huge portraits and beautiful old chairs and tables and you really forget you are almost in the centre of aylesbury. The spa is well organised and relaxing though i didn't have any time for treatments. When we first started organising the wedding we looked at various places including Manoir Quat saisons - but i can honestly say we couldn't have had a more perfect day - and it was probably half the price. I recommend it. there were 24 of us and we didn't have a disco - but we had a private candlelit room with dinner and plenty of drinks.

my ONLY complaint was i couldn't get into my room until 3pm because the previous occupants wouldn't leave! and i can't blame them but i was getting slightly panicky!

• Visited July 2013