“Bad Food, High Prices, Good Service” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 83 Restaurants in Ballston Spa
Cuisines: Seafood
Albany, New York
“Bad Food, High Prices, Good Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My family and I ate dinner at the Great Bay Seafood Co to celebrate my niece's birthday. We started with appetizers and the disappointment started right away. The soup of the day, a seafood bisque was warm but not hot. The mozzarella sticks were offered as homemade but they were not, they were frozen. The salads were barely passable, a little lettuce with 2 grape tomatoes. I will say the rolls were very good and served warm.

Two people in our party ordered the BBQ ribs but only one order was available and we ate at the beginning of dinner service so I assume they were left over from the night before. I ordered a pasta dish - penne with shrimp, chicken and sausage in a vodka cream sauce.The chicken and sausage were very tough and the shrimp was a little chewy.

There were 12 people in our party. Our total check came to almost $500 and they did not even comp a piece of cake for the 12 year old birthday girl.

We all agreed it was not a place we would return to.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Ballston Lake, New York
“Great Sea Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Life long resident of Saratoga County and I can tell you NO one has better Sea Food. OMG fresh and made to order!! Quality FOOD made RIGHT. The Seafood is top notch.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Lunch was pricey, food good.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had a gift certificate someone gave us for the GBCo., so we went there for lunch. The portions were small but the price tag for lunch was high. I ordered baked haddock. Tasted good, but it only came with one side dish...all for $10.00. Pricey for a light lunch. On the positive, nice atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lewiston, New York
“One to Avoid”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We were in the area for a couple of days and the restaurant was recommended by the hotel. My wife and I both ordered off the list of specials. The salads were the first sign that the meal was going to be poor as the lettuce in both was very wilted. My food was very greasy and definitely in the poor category. As the meal progressed, the service got progressively worse and in addition I suffered some intestinal distress from the meal. Definitely avoid this one, there are better places in the area.

Visited August 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“Fresh seafood in casual setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Four of us visited Great Bay for late lunch and were very satisfied with the food. As they specialize in seafood, it is a chance to order foods that you would not normally make at home. The server, also the host (owner) reminded us that everything was just the best that could be served. When asked a question, she would reply ours is the best, none anywhere even comes close. OK, that was a little overdone. The lobster roll was ok, but I have seen and had better. Baked fish, and shell food ordered was delicious and the service was quick and efficient. Pasta and cooked vegetables, a wide selection were all cooked correctly and tasted delicious. Everything ordered seemed freshly cooked although we all know that some items are cooked ahead of time, but whatever they did, it looked smelled and tasted fresh. There is a full line of beverages, alcohol, wine beer and soft drinks. Prices are moderate to slightly on the high side, but the service and quality of the food was worth it. The inside of the restaurant is nothing to look at and the view outside is of a main road that runs in front of the restaurant.

• Visited June 2013