“Not very satisfying” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ballston Spa
Hudson Valley
“Not very satisfying”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We went to this spa and inn a few times for a relaxing, romantic get away but the last time it was disappointing. The rooms are not cleaned very thoroughly, We were signed up for spa services that we did not order and that we were expected to pay for! The manager/owner was very unfriendly also. We will not be going back. This place has gone down hill in several ways.

Room Tip: I would go to another place if you want a good experience.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
West Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is our second year in a row going to the Medbery for a weekend getaway. We aren't into the track or any of that, and we had such a wonderful time last year, we decided to go back again, before it gets busy! Family owned and run, it is just such a treat. The most comfy beds, wonderful suites, directions to fun places to go in Saratoga for the evening, spa services to die for...you name it, it's all there!! Thanks again for another amazingly fun and relaxing weekend!! See you next year!!

Room Tip: We have only stayed in the suites.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was my second trip to the spa for a mineral bath. The mineral bath are something we can not experience in my state. The staff at the spa are always polite and helpful. The manager has
always given us great tips like eating at the whistling kettle and what to do in Manchester, VT.
This time, Jim (I believe his name is) had to reopen the SPA at night because I discovered I lefted my I phone in the bath room. He know we were on a tight schedule because it was a road trip and was very agreeable around helping us out by looking for my phone! Thanks again
A road trip to NY is not complete without a mineral bath!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
West Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Had a WONDERFUL weekend here this past spring. The rooms were quaint, the Jacuzzi bath was inviting, with an excellent lavender bubble bath waiting for us! The bed was so very comfortable and we slept like babies. The next day, we enjoyed the spa. We each had hour long facials and 90 minute massages. It was so very nice to leave our rooms, in nice bathrobes and walk right down to the spa. Our spa services were AMAZING! We felt pampered and Jared made sure that every request we had was met with great information and we felt very well taken care of. We took his suggestions for local restaurants and they were also wonderful. Jared even made recommendations for pubs to try in Saratoga, where we spent one afternoon/evening. He arranged a cab for us, as well. We plan to be back there again soon!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

This place was great!!! I work in an inn and I think the medbury is great!!! The rooms are clean. The beds are so comfortable!!!! The sheets are the softest sheets I've ever slept on!!! Dolores and her son Jared were so nice, they felt like family!!! The spa services were amazing!!!! I can't wait to go back!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Roscoe, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Hello all. I think it's time for a REAL review. Not one made up by the empoyees of a competitor.

Kate and I just got married on Sept. 1st. of this year. We wanted a nice place to go away and relax after all the excitement of our wedding. We checked out the Medberry online after a few reccomendations. Let me tell you, I am SO happy that we decided to go here. We checked in on Monday Sept. 3rd. It was great for us because not caring at all about the horse races the towns were emptying out. Dolores, who is one of the owners could not have been sweeter. Anything at all that we wanted we got. Directions, towels, late nite dinner, reviews of the area, champagne and chocolates in our suite, anything. Dolores and her son Jared were so acomodating and kind.

The room was very nicely appointed with the items you hope to find in a true Inn. Toiletries in the powder room, extral towels, beautifully laid out suite decorated in the old country style. The walls were painted a soft plum color. The California Queen bed was so soft. There was also bath robes, slippers, a tv, alarm clock, iron and board, small fridge, electric fireplace, and a very large air powered jacuzzi certainly big enough for two. Kate and I took advantage of the Couples Retreat package. This included a mineral bath as well as a one hour couples massage. The two sweet massage therapists were amazing. Rubbing away every ache and worry. That one hour does go by way too quick though.

Dolores had suggested for us to go to the Iron Roost for breakfast. Which is just a few doors up from the Inn. The main concept of the Iron Roost is waffles. Sweet thick delicious waffles for breakfast as well as delicious savory waffles for lunch. Kate and I had breakfast there all 4 days. If you go, YOU MUST have the Banans Foster waffle. I could have eaten 5 of these. It was truly a phenominal breakfast. We got to speak with Linnaea, the owner. What another kind and warm person. From the moment you walk in the door you get that warm friendly community feeling. And the food is spectacular too!

That same warm feeling is also certainly found at The Medberry Inn. Greeted with a smile by everyone we saw. Free off street parking, wonderful accomodations, superb massage, a great price. All around Kate and I highly reccomend the Medberry Inn. You can go into Saratoga Springs for the day which has farmers markets, tons of shops, restaurants, ice creams shops, everything you could want. Lake George is nice but after Labor Day is only really open on the weekends until October. Then it pretty much shuts down for the off season.

Sorry if I rambled a bit but you get my point. The Medberry Inn and Spa is fantastic. Kate and I are planning on returning at least once every 3 months for a getaway. You will not be dissapointed!

Room Tip: All rooms are appointed basically the same. But make sure you sip your champagne on the porch at nig...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
NEW ROCHELLE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My boyfriend and I had a very good experience at the Medbery. The owners and (it seemed there was only one hotel staff, who could also have been family, I suppose) were very nice, if a little on the awkward side. Dolores, one of the owners, always seemed busy, but was so happy to stop and chat or ask if we needed anything. The spa services were nice and the massage therapists were extremely professional. The mineral bath was nice, but the plate of fruit they left in there to make it seem more luxurious consisted of 2 sick looking strawberries and 2 cubes of cantaloupe lol. We didn't eat it.

We were the only guests in the hotel, which allowed us to have the 2nd floor balcony to ourselves any time we wanted (this was REALLY nice). Now, for the but... I just looked on their website to see whether the error was on the part of my boyfriend for booking an insufficient room, or the hotel, and the information I got on the website led me to believe that EVERY room has at least a California queen sized bed. This is not the case. The bed in our room was no bigger than a full. To me, that is a very serious problem

The Medbery is certainly worth checking out for both hotel and spa services, but keep in mind that it IS very quaint, the rooms are kind of dark, and you may want to be VERY specific about the size of the bed that you want to have. Also, expect to do some minor plumbing work (the flushing handle for our toilet fell off almost immediately) or to be calling for help. I'm sure it will be offered with a smile, however.

Room Tip: no pool or restaurant.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Medbery Inn and Day Spa? Share your experiences!