“Favorite Deli! (Rating is for breakfast but I'm sure lunch is great too!)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Russell's Deli

(518) 885-3354
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 83 Restaurants in Ballston Spa
“Favorite Deli! (Rating is for breakfast but I'm sure lunch is great too!)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

This place is a gem that I wish I would visit more often. You walk in to a warm welcome and an attentive staff (Generally just the owner and 1 other employee). Food is delicious and fresh and made on the spot (no foil wrapped sandwiches waiting in a warmer). They use Boar's Head which is definitely a plus. I have yet to get lunch there but I'm sure its just as good as the breakfast. I often find myself staring into the glass case at the salads thinking I should finally try one but as I'm waiting for my breakfast sandwich/wrap It just doesn't right. Plus, I'm usually grabbing breakfast on my way somewhere so its not like I'm headed home to be able to put it in the fridge. I frequent this place as often as I can, definitely worth leaving the house a little early instead of having to run to DD or McD's.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ballston Spa, New York
“Excellent Soups, Salad, Baked Goods & More!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I'm shocked that no one has reviewed Russell's Deli since every time I go by, the parking lot is packed. I believe that all the food in prepared in house including the real roast turkey and roast beef. Soups, salads and other hot dishes are delicious and creative.

Stop by and check it out! Open early morning (stop for a muffin on the way to work?) but closes after lunch.

Visited January 2014