“Love it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 83 Restaurants in Ballston Spa
Cuisines: Tea Room
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: The Whistling Kettle is a full service cafe and tea room with a diverse menu offering for everyone. Paninis, crepes, artisan soups, plenty of salad choices, home made scones, tea sandwiches, beer and wine and over 150+ types of tea. We also offer all our tea in bulk as well as a full line of merchandise.
Buffalo
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was so glad to return to the Whistling Kettle! We generally stop driving from Vermont to Buffalo, but we were in the area for the week-end, so we had lunch two days in a row! Everything is so delicious, but I seem to always order the curry chicken salad tea sandwich, as it is so wonderful! The roasted red pepper soup with smoked gouda cheese is also outstanding! I love trying a different kind of tea whenever I go there, and I am never disappointed. I take my tins to be re-filled, and then I have a bit of the Whistling Kettle at home! The staff is friendly and very helpful, and I can't wait to go back on New Year's Day! (thanks for being open that day!)

• Visited November 2013

Ballston Lake, New York
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

The Whistling Kettle is one of our favorite restaurants for lunch! I especially love the roasted red pepper soup.
The service has been consistently good, the staff is knowledgeable in their product (when you don't know what flavor of tea to select, tell them what you are in the mood for and they have never failed in recommending a perfect blend for us.)
The high tea service is a great value and has a wide variety to choose from. Be sure to try the lemon mascarpone cake; it's delicious!

• Visited October 2013
Charlton, New York, United States
“The Whistling Kettle, Ballstn Spa, New York”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Delightful. Lots of different teas to drink, along with wonderful food and the best scones I've ever eaten. Plus a wonderful gas fireplace. The perfect place for a rainy afternoon, like today is.

• Visited September 2013
Ballston Spa, New York
“Unique dining experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The food was delicious, service was good, although a very eager server kept asking to take our plates when we were not finished. The prices are reasonable with good portion sizes. A large tea selection.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Albany, New York
“Need to stop here!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This place was nothing short if amazing! The banana dulce tea was something everyone should try, but the place has great food and great beer. I had the lemon curd crepe, and it was probably the best I ever had. Love the place, love the food and tea... Will be back

• Visited September 2013