“Fun tea room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 83 Restaurants in Ballston Spa
Cuisines: Tea Room
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: The Whistling Kettle is a full service cafe and tea room with a diverse menu offering for everyone. Paninis, crepes, artisan soups, plenty of salad choices, home made scones, tea sandwiches, beer and wine and over 150+ types of tea. We also offer all our tea in bulk as well as a full line of merchandise.
CLIFTON PARK
“Fun tea room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is a very small place but well worth the experience. The presentation of the food was so cool and the ambiance was very relaxing!

Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
“The best. The very best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We love the whistling kettle is is in the town of ballston spa ny near antique shops and small eclectic shops dotted around town. If u go here ask for Keith and tell him u are a friend of joe the eagles fan He is too, also a great waitperson. The food is great, in the fall they have lobster bisque soup. Delicious, also a red pepper soup which I love and a butternut squash with apple that my honey always has. A large selection of teas and coffee and quiches,club sandwiches,pannini ,salads etc and the desserts are the BEST and if u are a man FEAR NOT you won't feel out of place here it is our favorite tea restaurant in new england and close to Saratoga springs too

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saratoga Springs, NY
“Amazing Gluten Free Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had such a treat by ordering the Turkey/Cranberry/Brie Panini - it was amazing! The turkey was fresh, cranberry flavorful and the brie melted to perfection. The gluten free bread texture was excellent and grilled to meld the flavors in a way I've never had before. I thought becoming gluten free would be a challenge and be short changed when it came to breads...somehow The Whistling Kettle made it a special event. The iced tea special of the day was lemon ginger and very satisfying. Service was spot on even though it was packed! They've got it down and you should check it out.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Albany, New York
“YUM”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have tried the eggplant panini from there. Delicious! I can't wait to try more of them. They have a large selection of teas. They have a beautifully decorated spot in downtown Ballston Spa. We need more places like this!

Visited August 2012
New York
“Loved the lunch and pastries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed at the Medbery for a Girlfriends' Getaway last October, and a catered lunch from The Whistling Kettle was included, although we never actually visited the restaurant. We didn't know that it was part of our package, and it was a nice surprise. We spent our morning wandering around Saratoga Springs and shopping, then made our way back to the Medbery for lunch, and had an hour before our spa appointments.

The presentation of the food on three-tiered plates was just lovely. Honestly, I can't remember exactly what I had, but I think it was a turkey sandwich (of course, it was presented in such a way that just calling it a "turkey sandwich" doesn't begin to do it justice). It was warm and savory and delicious. My friend had a quiche, which she said was just okay. I like to try exotic teas that don't wander too far away from my normal preferences, and the tea I chose was some combination of herbal and spice. As I said, it's been nearly a year, so my recollection isn't quite accurate, but I do remember that it was wonderful.

The pastries are great. For my dessert with lunch, I had a scone, and it was one of those treats that you bite into and you can't believe how delicious it is. Pastries from The Whistling Kettle are also featured in the Medbery's daily spa breakfasts, and each one that I tried was delicious.

So - 4 stars out of 5 - because we never actually went to the restaurant and only tried the food, and because my friend was not as pleased by her quiche as I was by my own lunch. I can't comment about the service or the value or the atmosphere, but the bottom line is that I can definitely recommend the food and the tea.

• Visited October 2011