“Hopeful but disappointed.” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Carney's Tavern has reopened under new ownership. Rising Star Chef Michael Pallozzi invites you to see the renovations that were made to the historic building as well as the menu. Classic favorites such as French Onion soup, Veal Parmeasan as well Prime Rib specials. Surely there is something for everyone!
Scotia, New York
“Hopeful but disappointed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014 NEW

Stopped by after reviewing website for an anniversary lunch. Waitress greeted us and told us to sit where ever we'd like to. At the time there were 3 others tables seated. Waitress appeared to be also the bartender and hostess which made service very slow. Menu "looked" very nice...we ordered salad and soup and burgers. Guinness sign hung from bar post but it appeared waitress was having issues with keg and had "called someone" to come fix. She tried to pour one pint and came back and said "I'm having issues with keg...right now I only have half a glass if I can't fix it I'll just give it to you". I said okay thinking I wouldn't be charged. Bill came and we were charged for the beer in full. Also asked what else is on tap and she didn't really know. After ordering a burger, which menu advertised as coming with hand cut fries, we heard another table order a burger and they were told fries didn't come with the burger, even though menu stated as such. Since it was a special occasion, we decided to add to our order.
Fries came out after we paid for our check and were a true disappoint. I noticed seperate dinner menus so not sure why lunch menus stated inaccurate info... My husband and I agreed that fries with a burger are standard fare.
Overall meal was average at best. We had a long wait in between seating, drink order, food order and check. I would recommend another stop along your way as both food and drink were not worth the time or expense which is a shame as website tries to create illusion of above par bar food and ambiance.

• Visited October 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Burnt Hills, New York
“New. Different. Better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

We just moved back to the Burnt Hills area and had not been to Carney's Tavern in a few years. Though the "old" Carney's Tavern had a well-earned reputation for being a good local pub the new Carney's Tavern has a new menu serving better cuisine at wonderful prices. Service was exemplary. We visited Carney's on a Saturday night and were fortunate to have listened to two very talented singers who performed beautifully, providing a nice atmosphere in which one could still conduct a conversation.

If you haven't been to Carney's Tavern in a while you should go. If you haven't been to Ballston Lake in a while dinner at Carney's Tavern is good reason to make the drive.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Latham
“A wonderful place for food, drink and entertainment.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014 via mobile

We had another wonderful dinner at Carney's. The food is excellent. Great value for the price. We had beef, scallops, burgers, hot turkey sandwich and appetizers. All of our food was outstanding. Sam Adams Octoberfest is on tap which made the night. The staff is very friendly, the restaurant is immaculate and the entertainment is awesome! Thank you Carney's for a wonderful family night out.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saratoga Springs, New York
“different”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2014

eh........chicken cacciatore was quite strange ..very DRY as sauce was just tossed with the rest of the ingredients ..with only a few (4) thin strips of chicken. I think I counted 2 mushrooms and a few onion slices. This dish is mostly pasta. Wife's steak was just OK according to her. She couldn't eat the potatoes or vegetables as she thought they were over spiced with whatever..whiskey sour was from a mix which had a strange after taste..beer was good but how can that be messed up? Oh and they have a kid's menu so p;an accordingly (noise).

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Schenectady, New York
“So Glad We Found It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

My husband and I had dinner here for the first time this evening. (Saturday) What a pleasant surprise. My first impression as I walked in the door was an acoustical guitarist singing some ballads and a nicely decorated quaint old establishment. The food we ordered was delicious and our waitress was very friendly and efficient. The entire visit for dinner was a very pleasant experience.

• Visited August 2014