“Can't wait to go back” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Update restaurant details
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Carney's Tavern has reopened under new ownership. Rising Star Chef Michael Pallozzi invites you to see the renovations that were made to the historic building as well as the menu. Classic favorites such as French Onion soup, Veal Parmeasan as well Prime Rib specials. Surely there is something for everyone!
Colonie, New York
“Can't wait to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

What a treat. Was there on a Thursday and then again a week later on a Saturday with friends. If you like great food and music then this is your place. I met Matt who is one of the owners there who plays guitar and tends bar too. Super nice guy with the kind of personality an owner should have. He was very knowledgeable of the menu and knows his way around the liquor bottles behind the bar. The four of us split two appetizers and had full dinners with salad and fresh hot bread. Steaks were perfect and scallops were like golf ball size yet tender and packed with flavor. We had mixed drinks and wine and split 2 desserts all for a very fair price. I was here 2-3 years ago with some friends after golfing a couple times but this place went from average to superstar status since then. They also have a private banquet room for parties which we will be looking into. We're telling all our friends and family about this gem and most live in Clifton Park which is less than 10 minutes. Matt, the chef Mike and their wives really put 100% of themselves into this place and it shows. We'll be back often with more friends and family. Do yourselves a favor and get there people.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

56% Recommend
“Going Back for More!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Under new ownership!!! My husband and I took our children there for a family dinner in January. Our meals were all excellent. We have gone back three times. There is consistency in the quality of food and the portions are perfect. I recommend you make a reservation. We recommended it to our neighbors and they have been several times as well.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Carney's Tavern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

My husband, son and I recently revisited Carney's Tavern in Ballston Spa for dinner. It is under new management and we were amazed at the many changes that have taken place at Carney's. The food was beautifully presented, fresh and delicious. Our waitress and other staff made us feel very much at home. The interior of the restaurant has been upgraded and is full of warmth and coziness. Carney's offers some nice house wines by the glass and the live music was a wonderful accompaniment to our dining experience. We plan to spread the word to our friends that Carney's is back up and running on full throttle.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Latham
“Outstanding experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We had a party of 9. The food was delicious, the pistachio scallops are to die for, the calamari was superb, everyone was very happy with their meal. The service was excellent and friendly. One of the owners stopped and asked if everyone was satisfied. The atmosphere is cozy and warm. A true dining experience with the home town feel. We wish the young entrepreneurs lots of success. Carney's Tavern is on our list and we will be back soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York
“Inconsistent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I took the kids to have a nice post Valentines dinner. I had spent much time at Carneys over the years and more this summer. The summer is what brought me back on the 15th. The food was wonderful and the service quick.
Not so much this evening.
My soda and gin had no gin. Our waitress was slow and had zero personality with my kids or us. We were brought our salads but had to ask for utensils. I ordered the salmon. It was not really as flaky as I like it, a tad undercooked. The asperagus was yummy and the glaze on the salmon tasty.
My husband had the chicken parm and was not impressed with the meal. Nothing stood out as delicious.
My kids had the pasta off the kids menu and loved it.
Overall, the prices are high and the food is average.
It was better in the summer.

• Visited February 2014