“Loved Being Right by the River” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Rome, Pennsylvania
“Loved Being Right by the River”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This place was recommended to us by a friend at Beaver Lake. When we saw that they had outdoor seating, that is where we wanted to go! Luckily there was still a table at one end, and we felt almost as if we were alone. We could watch ducks, and occasionally a great blue heron made an appearance. Though my husband had beer, I chose soda with sliders with delicious fries and marinated cucumbers, while he had a Balwinsville cheesestake with the same vegetables. It is the sort of place one might recommend to friends--or have them join us.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Portsmouth, RI
“New spot with GREAT potential!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Visiting relatives and stopped here for a late night lite meal. Sat at the bar and the bartender Kim was very attentive and personable. I ordered a burger med. rare, my other half order a chicken sandwich. Great fries and homemade pickles. She loved hers. Mine came out more well done than anything. Told Kim just to inform the chef that it was way past what I ordered. She cheerfully said she'd order another. I told her no because I hate to waste food...so I finished it. A few moments later the manager (Dan) came over and apologized and said he'd remove it from the check. A very nice gesture. We ended up going back the next night for a nightcap, as we were staying right across the street at the Red Mill Inn. Lauren was the bartender and did a very nice job. Dan was there also and we ended up talking for quite awhile. I recommend this place to anyone. They also have a very nice fine dining menu.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Nice Place to eat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

The River Grill is a nice place to eat. We had a good dinner on the upper patio overlooking the river. The food was good, not exceptional, and the service was excellent. But, Some how plastic chairs and table do not equate to fine dining. There is a pub down stairs where the patio is even closer to the river and appeared to have a good crowd of all ages. We would not hesitate to recommend the River Grill to anyone, but there are also other options in town...

Visited August 2013
Liverpool
“Service and Food were Excellant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Four of us went for a Saturday night dinner with a little concern after reading mixed reviews. So glad we give this place a chance. First off the bar area is beautiful! The bartender made me her specialty Cherry Collins Martini...delicious!! She was fantastic! Very personable and attentive! I wish I has gotten her name. Sarah our waitress was just as great!! Fun, helpful and never missed a beat. We tried four different appetizers and four seafood entrees. No complaints about anything. The food was creative and delicious!! For dessert the Crème Brulee and Tres Leches Cake were a hit. It's not a cheap huge portion restaurant. The food is quality, tasty and worth the price. I hope it continues to do well and we can visit again many times!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, New York
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Went there for a happy hour. We sat outside on their beautiful outside patio on overlooking the river. Had some cocktails and some pizza. Had the Deep Sea Voyage pizza which was delicious. Service was decent. Prices were average. Overall enjoyed it.

• Visited July 2013