This was our second trip to Botswana. This camp is over the top with elegance. I celebrated my birthday here. The managers Tessa and Stuart are perfect hosts. My celebration started with a cake at tea time and was followed up by a private dinner in our tent with champagne and a drawn bubble bath..just perfect. The tents (only four) are so beautiful and comfortable...with a private plunge pool..It is funny to say tent when you refer to Zarafa.
You can almost feel the presence of the Joubert's..their work, the decor, a private camera for your use...etc.
Although we missed the elusive wild dogs by a day, we enjoyed all the Selinda Reserve had to offer. So many reviews I read have such high expectations on every singe animal. It is hit or miss in Africa as it should be, this is not a zoo.
If you have no budget concerns or you want a memory of a life time..this is the spot. Turning 60 was not tough here!!!
- Also Known As:
- Zarafa Camp Hotel Okavango Delta
- Zarafa Camp Hotel
- Zarafa Camp Botswana/Okavango Delta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zarafa Camp – Selinda Concession Zarafa evokes a sense of luxurious old-style safari with spaciousness and 21st-century eco-consciousness. About Zarafa CampEach of Zarafa's four sumptuous tents with generous veranda is positioned under cool, shady trees, fronting onto the idyllic Zibadianja Lagoon. The spacious bedroom has a lounge, en-suite bathroom with copper bath, indoor as well as outdoor shower, copper heater for cosy winters as well as its own private pool for summer. The main area, similarly furnished, evokes traditional safari ambiance. Lounge and dining facilities may be enjoyed under canvas or on the full-length shaded deck. The camp is run completely on solar heating and power.Environment and WildlifeThe Selinda Concession is dominated by a vast grassy floodplain interspersed with slightly elevated palm islands and aromatic sage bushes. Resident wildlife includes red lechwe, kudu, tsessebe, giraffe, warthog and steenbok. Top predators are lion and spotted hyaena, as well as cheetah, wild dog, side-striped jackal, serval and even aardwolf. Elephant, buffalo, wildebeest and zebra are other herbivores seen throughout the year, complemented with varied bird life.Experiencing Zarafa CampDay and night game drives in custom-built 4x4 vehiclesGuided nature walks (on request)Canoeing and house boat for private dining, evening or day trips into the lagoon and onto the riverCatch-and-release fishing (seasonal) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Zarafa Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.