“clean and cheap” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Algonkin Motel

Algonkin Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bainbridge
Algonkin Motel
You added Algonkin Motel to your Saves list
2626 State Highway 7, Bainbridge, NY 13733   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bainbridge
Broadway, VA
“clean and cheap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

Algonkin ain't the ritz, but at $55 per night it was good enough for our family to stay at on the way up to Vermont and on the way back. The downsides are that our room was small (think Microtel) and our small bed sloped toward the center and was noisey. But the positives are that this is a $55 motel that you don't have to be afraid to stay at, the rooms are clean, the bathroom is especially clean and functional, the tv, fridge, ac, and micro were all in good working order. And did I mention this place is only $55? It's a steal. I'd recommend this place to anyone, unless they were looking for something fancy.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

We stayed at the Algonkin during an overnight trip and could not have been more pleased. The room was absolutely spotless, everything looked brand new and it was the biggest bathroom we've ever had in a hotel. We've travelled to many big cities in and outside the country and a comparable room elsewhere would cost two to three times what we paid. The owners were wonderful, accomodating us on a full capacity weekend when we showed up early to check in. Also great location for a rural area, as there are several very nice and well priced restaurants close by.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

We appreciated staying at this hotel at the time of my sister's funeral which was nearby in Harpursville. We especially liked the knotty pine rooms and the comparatively large refrigerator. We booked a second floor room for safety and liked the fact that the owners house was in front on the right side. Both the owner and his wife were very friendly. Two restaurants were right around the corner. It was only $50 a night cash or $55 by credit card including the tax. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

We were in Bainbridge to visit our daughter who was going to visit her in-laws. The room was very clean and neat. I would definitely stay there again. In fact we have to go back to pick up our daughter's dogs from the in-laws and we are staying here again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

I stayed at the Algonkin Motel while traveling in the area for business.

Check in was quick and simple. I arrived at about 9:00 pm and simply went into the main office where there was a note to dial "27" to check in . When I did, the person who answered said they would be right over to check me in and they were. The entire check in process took about 5 minutes.

The room was extremely clean. I will agree with some of the other reviews that it is a bit dated, but when traveling and only planning on spending a limited amount of time in the room, it really makes no difference to me. The size of the room was standard. It had a large flat screen TV, a long dresser as well as a desk and chair. All of the rooms also have a refrigerator and microwave. I used both and they both were very clean and worked great. The one thing missing from the room was a coffee pot. Although I'm not personally a coffee drinker, some may be disappointed with this.

The bed was very comfortable although as I stated before, the room is a bit dated, including the bed treatments. The sheets seemed rather new but the blanket was definitely worn. The pillows were comfortable.

The bathroom was spacious and had a full tub/shower unit. Again, everything was extremely clean. There were 2 sets of towels/washclothes/hand towels. There was also complimentary bar soap and shampoo. The bathroom had plenty of light for getting ready and two electrical outlets. The one thing I did notice missing from the bathroom was an exhaust fan which would have made things a little easier after taking a hot shower in the morning.

I am a middle aged female woman and felt very safe at this motel. Although it is situated in a very rural area, the outside/walkways are lit up very bright and so is the parking lot. The locks on the doors to the rooms do only have a key lock and no dead-bolt. Again, I felt quite safe in this area, but whenever traveling alone, I usually like to also have the dead-bolt on just for added security. So, I was unable to do that here.

The only other thing I would mention is that this motel is located across the street from train tracks. Obviously, the trains go through at all hours of the day and throughout the night. I awoke 2-3 times during the night at the sound of a train going by. So, if you are a light sleeper, this may be of concern to you. For me, I woke up, heard it and was able to go right back to sleep so it really wasn't a huge deal.

Overall, I think that this motel is a great alternative to having to drive another 20 minutes to 1/2 hour to another chain hotel. The accommodations were more than suitable for me and for the price...it was great!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Tampa Bay area, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

My sister and I traveled to this area for a family function. She made our reservations 1 month in advance as it was a busy weekend in the region. When we arrived the owner had no record of the reservation and stated she could accommodate us for that night only. She expressed no remorse and didn't seem to take any responsibility for this error. The reservation system is a notebook. Since we were traveling with a baby we thought it wise to stay there for the first night and tackle the 'now where do we stay?' issue ASAP.

This turned out to be a blessing in disguise. The hotel is clean but it's also very old; carpets and in-wall A/C unit smelled laden with mold and mildew. We both woke up with pounding headaches. Perhaps they should have replaced the A/C units rather than the TV's. Our room had a huge flat screen unit - looked very out of place in this vintage setting. For the television enthusiast I guess it would be important but the screen keep displaying a big black square in the middle of the picture.

Word to the wise - call frequently to remind the folks here that you plan to stay at their place and ask them if they still have your name in the notebook for the dates of your visit.

Thanks to lovely friends in the area we found an ideal solution.

Pro's - the Susquehana Restaurant and the Cream of the Crop Cafe are within walking distance. Both serve very nice meals at reasonable prices. Don't try to walk to either though - there are no sidewalks and the road is heavily traveled with lots of speeding drivers.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

My family was in Bainbridge for a family gathering and we needed two rooms because there was not enough room in the family house. We chose the Algonkin because it was close to where we wanted to be and because the rate was very reasonable. The beds were comfortable , the room was clean . Refrigerators in the rooms , flat screen tv's, check in was easy.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to Algonkin Motel? Share your experiences!