This is definitely a luxury camp; there was even air condition in our tent! Great views from your balcony of the river and all the animals that comes by to drink. We had a menu to choose from which was a nice change from buffet meals. Breakfast was brought to our room with our 5:30AM wake up call, we felt spoilt. As for the game drives, I have to say they were quite boring. You are not allowed to go off road in this National Park, so not much excitement and you have to view the animals from a distance, if you find them at all. Luxurious accommodations, nice staff, disappointing game drives.
- Also Known As:
- Savute Elephant Camp By Orient-Express Hotel
- Savute Elephant Camp By Orient-Express Hotel Chobe National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the Chobe National Park, sometimes referred to as the elephant capital of the world, is Savute Elephant Camp. Perched on the former banks of the now dry Savute Channel, the camp offers a spectacular birds eye view of elephant in their natural habitat, with an adjacent water hole just metres away from the camps main building. The area is also renowned for high concentration of predators such as the endangered wild dog, lion, leopard, cheetah and hyena. Find yourself in harmony with a unique timeless place as you witness a play that has no script, by actors who have no lines, in an environment that needs no set. The area is known for its exciting game viewing and birding. This area also presents you with the rare opportunity to view rock paintings drawn by the early Bushmen, who once inhabited the region. As this camp is situated in the Chobe National Park, park regulations prohibit night drives and walking. Savute personifies the eternal contrast of Africa. Where our other two camps celebrate water and lush vegetation, Savute is an objective lesson in aridity. Rain in this dry place is rare and water is precious. Situated on the Savute Channel, which is an eccentric waterway that fluctuates between being bone-dry or flooding, the whole ethos of Savute Elephant Camp is commiserate with its inhabitants and environment, although the camp has not seen water flowing in the channel since 1983. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jetsetter so you can book your Savute Elephant Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.