We stayed at Grootbos as the first stop on our honeymoon in August 2012. The setting is simply beautiful and the staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. The food was amazing and the wine list was very impressive. On our first night the they surprised us by decorating the wine cellar and serving our dinner down there as a private dining room. The nature guides all really know their stuff as well.
- Also Known As:
- Grootbos Private Nature Reserve Hotel
- Grootbos Private Nature Reserve Hotel Grootbos Private Nature Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grootbos, with its two 5-star luxury lodges is spectacularly situated on the fynbos and forest clad hills overlooking the whale-watching haven of Walker Bay. Grootbos has carved a unique niche in the upmarket eco-lodge sector by specializing in the Cape region of South Africa’s world-renowned flora and marine biodiversity. This multi-award winning reserve is home to more than 740 different plant species, offers warm hospitality, excellent cuisine, fine wines and is a nature lover’s paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Grootbos Private Nature Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.