“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

+27 28 384 1418
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: The owner and founder Brian McFarlane is a professional diver and skipper who has always made a living from the sea. He started diving for perlemoen (abalone) at a young age, then moved on to become a commercial fisherman for 6 years and spent another 6 years diving in search of wrecks along the southern coast of Africa. This was followed by the diving for diamonds from the sea bed for the next 20 years.He has become a local legend with his fascinating tales about the sea and underwater experiences. During the timewhen Great White Shark fishing was allowed, Brian caught Great Whites, some weighing more than 1 ton.Today, he dearly regrets this and now spends his time and efforts in finding the great beasts to be observedand photographed at close range. Brian has worked with the Great Whites for 18 years, and has only had6 non-sighting days in the last 10 years.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The only tour to go on...and there are plenty of companies to choose from! The weather was perfect,we had whales 10 metres from the boat, the food throughout the day was great. We had 6 sharks in total, and could go back in the cage as many times as we wanted. The staff was were so friendly, helpful and informative. A must!

Atlanta, Georgia
30 attraction reviews
“They took care of everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We are so glad that we chose to go with Great White Shark Tours. They are so professional and do so much to add to the experience - breakfast, snacks, lunch, hot chocolate, DVDs., etc. Going in the cage was such fun and felt very safe. The water was cold, but we were given thick wetsuits with booties and hoods, so I stayed warm. I went in the cage twice and my husband three times. All of the staff was top-nothc and didn't miss a beat.

A side note: On the day we originally booked the swells were 4 meters and the wind was crazy. Bryan still gave it a shot for those of us who wanted to go out. We got to see the seals and two sharks. We couldn't get in the cage because the weather was so bad and we had to head back into shore early. Fortunately our schedule was flexible so we stayed an extra night in Gansbaai and took Bryan up on his offer to come back free of charge the next day. There were definitely many people on our first trip who were very disappointed to miss the experience and who weren't able to come back. This is understandable, but I think we learned a good lesson -- when you are dealing with mother nature you must have some flexibility. Thanks to Bryan for the opportunity to come back and enjoy an amazing second day!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
49 attraction reviews
“Be Prepared”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I didn't find this as invigorating as the guys apparently did; possibly because I dove with sharks many years ago in the warm Pacific island of Tahiti and I was in South Africa in winter. Also, the fumes of the gasoline, smell of the dead fish and rocking of the boat did make a number of people sick. There seemed a few too many people on my boat for my comfort and I only got about 20 minutes in the water. Since I paid for an underwater digital camera card, it was not a real good deal. Still, I got carried away with everyone's enthusiasm and bought a bunch of souvenirs. The trip up was actually scarier than the shark dive as our driver seemed to me to take those mountain roads like a madman. Of course, I had to sit next to him which may have been the big mistake. I guess i would do it again though, under better conditions. The water was terribly cold when i went. The guides supplied food, drinks, pre dive coffee, video review, video for purchase, hats and shirts, etc.

Visited July 2012
Zug, Switzerland
“One of the best things I've ever done”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Absolutely awesome experience. Plenty of sharks multiple dives. Crew and helpers excellent. Can't wait to go back. Well worth the money, time and effort.

Oldham, United Kingdom
71 attraction reviews
“Well worth the wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

After a wait we had and excellent day with plenty of great white sharks coming right close to the boat. My daughter went in the cage and said it was once in a life time experience. These guys knew where to find us a bunch of sharks, thanks guys.
A really enjoyable experience caught on variuos cameras and videos.