“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of White Shark Safaris

White Shark Safaris
12 Geelbek Street | Kleinbaai, Gansbaai 7220, South Africa (Formerly White Shark Adventures)
+27 60 966 8844
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether you are an adrenaline junkie, ticking off another experience on your bucket-list or planning a special family outing, we aim to give you the most exciting day of your life when you choose to come Shark Cage Diving and/or Viewing with White Shark Safaris. It is our privilege at White Shark Safaris - to offer you an opportunity to dive and view these magnificent animals in a safe and professional environment and have lots of FUN at the same time.
Austin, Texas, United States
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

White Shark Adventures offered a wonderful experience at a very reasonable price. They picked my up at my house and drove us 2.5 hours to the location. During our trip, we saw five different sharks that were up to 15 feet in length. The boat and gear were is excellent condition and the staff was very knowledgabe and friendly. I would definitely recommend this company to any of my friends. Also, I left my camera in the van after it dropped me off and they returned it to my free of charge. Additionally, they were very responsive to my emails and followed up to make sure that it was returned. I had a wonderful time and hope that you use White Shark Adventures as your excursion provider.

Visited March 2013
Whitesharks, Guest Relations Manager at White Shark Safaris, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Hello John.
It was a pleasure in hosting you and your friends with us.
Hopefully, we will be seeing you again in the near future.

Kind Regards
White Shark Adventures

Toronto, Canada
20 attraction reviews
“Up Close & Personal with Sharks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The sea was rough with huge rolling swells & this 35' double hull boat flies on 2 x 250HP outboards. We were airbourne a few times. After 30 minutes we anchored.
We donned wetsuits as they put the shark cage in place (1m x 3m x 2.5m). The aluminum cage is tied to the side of the boat & floats on the surface. Nemo's Shark Handler, Patrick spreads chum (fish oil & meat) on the water to attract sharks & has a tuna head on a hook, line & buoy to lure the shark alongside the cage.
I went in the cage with 5 other divers & it was cool 16C. The visibility was really poor maybe 6 feet. We waited & waited & waited. This boat has compressed air which we used only for a short time, before skipper decided it was scaring off the sharks. We waited some more & then I heard the Shark Handler shout "Shark! Get down, get down, get down!" So we all stuck our heads back under water & all I saw was the beast turn away from me with a flash of her great white belly & a shadow swim away.
We continued to wait, but I could see more with my head above water, so I tried to hang on to the cage, but got knocked around in the rough surf. After about 30 minutes of this we got out & let other divers in the cage. Then we saw the shark again. It was maybe 3m long, dorsal fins visible and everyone got excited. Then she came back & breached for the tuna head & ran with it under the boat. Patrick reloads his line with more tuna & the shark returns to toy with it; Patrick jerking the bait & shark semi-breaching & snapping at it. Patrick lured it right in front of the divers & they were exhilerated to get so close to it. It was just as exciting to see on board.

Visited February 2013
7 attraction reviews
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I got a little sea sick but the experience was still great. Seeing massive great white shark within inches of the cage and even in some instances banging against the cage is exhilarating. I would do it again!!! I even got a chance to see a few whales at a distance.

Visited September 2012
Thank you for joining White Shark Adventures & the "Nemo" Crew for your ultimate experience with the Cape's Great Whites.

Kind Regards
White Shark Adventures
Arizona
6 attraction reviews
“Very exciting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was told the driver would pick me up at 6 am, but to my surprise they called the day before and said I would be picked up at 3:30 am. I won't have been a problem if I had know up front. I was very happy with the breakfast before, the crew, shark sightings and lunch after.

My only complaint was the video I purchased after the excursion was a bit pricey (45 American) and it doesn't play on any DVD players in the US. It does play on my laptop, so it's not completely useless.

Visited January 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“After all the Hype....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The trip itself was ok...No seasick tablets provided.

I was more upset about the customer service afterwards. Whilst onboard the sharks were not in abundance, we were promised vouchers which never materialised. None of my phone calls or emails had the courtesy of a reply. A great waste of time and money.

Visited December 2012