“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Vegetarian, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: WE ARE NOT CHILD FRIENDLY.
Kentucky
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Arrived in Gansbaai fairly late one evening, and Rosemary's took us in! I really think they stayed open late for us, and provided us with a wonderful meal and great friendly service. We sat in the back sun room and they turned on a heater for us. It was lovely and cozy. We all tried different things off the menu (4 of us). I got a salad and bruscetta - fabulous. My dad got the Oxtail and he raved about it. Mom got the seafood stew and my husband got a pasta dish - both to excellent reviews. We finished with a brandy pudding which was outstanding.

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the service provided to us. One of the owners was our server and she was a great cut-up. She made the experience really fun.

Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2014

Gansbaai, South Africa
“Excellent, excellent something completely memoriable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Now and then I got guests that got there special anniversary or birthday. I recommend Rosemary’s restaurant for the occasion. My guest from Switzerland where very surprise and pleased. Complimentary welcome aperitifs where given on arrival for the Birthday Guest. The evening where a success.
For Lunch, Dinner or Tea Time at Rosemary’s you will be pleasant surprise. You will only get ONE Restaurant like this. Read the excellent review and treat yourself...
Just to wander to the Tea Garden take you back, the decor inside the Restaurant are unique. Even a little shop to buy nic nacks or gifts at reasonable prices.

• Visited August 2014
Cape Town, South Africa
“Great meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I had a great meal at Thyme at Rosemary's last weekend. I was traveling solo through Gansbaii and my B&B recommended and made a reservation for me. Its a cozy quirky restaurant that has a homey feel and interesting decor.

The food was great. I asked for recommendations and I started off with a seafood salad which was fabulous with heaps of mussels. prawns and squid over greens. I then had bobotie, the national dish of South Africa, which was also great. I finished off the meal with some cheesecake. I also had a glass of the house red and white wines both of which were surprisingly good. All in all a great meal.

Visited July 2014
George, South Africa
“Warm and cozy !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Restaurant has loads of charm - sadly we were there on a night with no customers, so lacked a bit atmosphere for us - food was lovely and very South African - the lamb bruschetta starter was out of this world !

Visited July 2014
Gansbaai, South Africa
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Excellent meal, excellent service, excellent prices & excellent ambiance!!!!

Had a fantastic meal there today with some very special friends. Will HIGHLY recommend Thyme at Rosemary to anyone wanting to experience excellent cuisine, service and atmosphere. Thank you to Rosemary and all the staff for making it so special.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
hoponpop, Owner at Thyme at Rosemary's Restaurant, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Marc and Veronica,
I must thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful five star review.
Our business depends greatly on our diners honest reviews whether good or bad.
We sincerely aim to please and we are delighted that you and your lovely family enjoyed your Thyme at Rosemary