“Adrenaline producing experience and great dive team” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 20 attractions in Gansbaai
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: White Shark Projects welcomes local and international tourists, divers and non-divers … anyone who wishes to encounter, dive with, or view white sharks in a safe and professional environment. White Shark Projects was established in 1989 and is a world-leading organisation that focuses on the conservation of great white sharks through responsible tourism and research. Expect excellent customer service, good value and operational efficiency.
4 attraction reviews
“Adrenaline producing experience and great dive team”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

What a exciting experiencing the Dive team is serious about getting out there with the sharks. We were the first boat out and we even left in the fog so we could be put there before the wind kicked up. We saw at least six specific sharks from 3 to 4.5 meters, man their heads are huge and the big one like to splash the surface. With a max diver count of 20, we got to spend two sessions of over 20 mins each which provided lots of in water excitement. The crew is very safety conscious, friendly, and informative about the sharks environment and behavior. This was a very good value for USD215 which included transfers from Cape Town, breakfast, on board lunch and post dive tea and souls the dive wet suits all inclusive they even had jackets to keep you warn if you need one. Plan for a 0400 departure from Cape Town amd a return around 1400 It's worth the early morning start. Great dedicated dive team and well equipped boat. Can't wait to go back in the winter.

Charmaine B, Manager at White Shark Projects, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Our Skipper's motto is, Do you want to see sharks, or do you want to sleep late? Glad it was worth your while getting up early!

7 attraction reviews
“Forget about shark week...Up close and personal with Great White Sharks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Totally phenomenal! This was such a cool experience- caged in and up close and personal with great white sharks- UNREAL! We ended up seeing 9-10 sharks… with as many as 4 circling the boat at one time. If you are looking for an extreme experience, and you’re all about shark week- take it to the next level and check this out!

Visited November 2012
San Francisco
8 attraction reviews
“Amazing, Must-Do Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I could have sworn that I wrote a review of this when I returned more than a year ago (Aug 2011), but I must have forgotten! I had been wanting to go to Cape Town specifically to go cage diving with the great whites for many years and was thrilled to finally be there! The company was fantastic and provided transportation and food. They were also very helpful in finding an appropriately sized wetsuit for me since I'm pretty disproportionate (XL on bottom, M or L on top). The sharks were amazing, but to be honest, I thought the viewing was better from the boat than from the cage. It wasn't diving per se; it was holding your breath and pulling yourself down to the bottom of the cage when someone yelled that there was a shark nearby. So by the time I figured out that a shark was in front of me, all I saw was the tail going by!

Shark diving is a definite must-do when anywhere in that area of the world. I'm counting the days until I can return and do it again!

Visited December 2011
Charmaine B, General Manager at White Shark Projects, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Hi Amy,
thanks for taking the time to leave this review. It can sometimes be confusing when you are in the cage - I will upload the cage diving procedures video clip onto TripAdvisor as well, so our future clients can prepare a little bit in advance!
Rio De Janeiro, Rj
13 attraction reviews
“You must go! Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We were a little bit afraid with the idea of be very close to great white but the experience was amazing. The team is great and the great whites were there, 3 in fact. I higly reccomend this adventure.

Visited October 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Absolutely incredible day. This was a present given to my husband who has always wanted to do it. He had 3 shots in the cage, saw 6 different sharks, the largest being nearly 4m and they were right up at the cage. This was excellent for the time of year. I got amazing photos from the boat (didn't go into the cage as I am a touch claustrophobic). As others have mentioned, there is plenty of food and refreshments available, on boat and at base. Team was excellent and very informative. Just remember to take jackets! Although we didn't and were very kindly leant some by WSP, and we weren't alone. The driver (Rudi) who picked us up in Cape Town and took us back later, is lovely and told us lots about what we passed on the journey.
Trip was topped off with viewings of whales, breaching and flipping their tails out the water!!
A day we will never forget.......

Visited November 2012
we are thrilled that you and your husband had such a memorable day, I will make sure your compliment is passed onto Rudi. Hope you will treasure the memories for many more happy years!